Florida Server\Questions

I live in daytona beach and have yet to connect to any servers in florida. I think theres 1 in Orlando and Miami/Tampa area. I've tried various settings and can't seem to find games hosted in Florida. I actually usually end up connecting to the server in seattle the most?! Any kind of guidance at all would be greatly appreciated. Anyone else in Florida or a coasts perspective might also help.

On PS4 i connect to 3 servers in Florida pretty often, all between 28-36ms.. but all 3 play pretty poor for me actually, if I start connecting to them to often I shrink my geo-filter and remove the state of Florida from it.. But this past week the Atlanta server hasn't shown up to much and that server had been playing great for me I was getting 8/10 games on the Atlanta server until this week.. But I'm talking about for BO3 too, you didn't specify what game you were playing

Yeah BO3 sorry.  I think the locations are different for PS and Xbox.  We don't have a Atlanta or Florida on Xbox.  Have you every just tried searching based on ping only.  All you have to do is set your home location into the Atlantic (doesn't matter where) and then make your geofilter diameter as small as possible then set you ping assist to you gaming ping (base ping + 10ms). Then search for games with this ping.  And then see what games you find. 

sorry for the lack of info. Its xbox one, Blops 3 is the game specifically. i usually set the home to like the Georgia/Florida line, about middle and click the preset radius twice. I mess with the setting anywhere between 750-900 miles radius and 25-40ms ping assist. I have tried the ping assist only with the home in the atlantic: i usually end up in the Virginia, Chicago, Oklahoma area?! Not sure if that last area is correct. I haven't tried the area over FL without the ping assist. Will give that a shot and respond with some results. Appreciate the responses. Hopefully have some updates and results to share here ina day or so. . .

I've found for myself that anything that connects to the Florida/southeast servers is pretty much garbage. No offense to those that do not have good connections, but every time I connect to them I get people from all over South America, the ping to the host is great, but the lag comp for them really makes the game unplayable. I have moved my "home" to the north-east, and though I'll be pinging anywhere from 33-60ms, my bullets work enough that the game is actually fun again.

Archived