Horrible Download and Ping on pc with router

Well my original connection is 200 download and 20 upload with time warner cable. Using wifi with there modem I was getting between 70-90 download and still getting my 20 upload. Today I ran some speed test on pc with wifi and the download is 4.12 and upload is 2.50 i tried more than a few times speed test and same result. I'm sure this router doesn't do horrible like this so what is it that I'm doing wrong?

those speeds sound like you forgot to insert your connection speed, is that the case?

I put the new settings for the download and upload correct and updated it so now it's set. I followed the guide for above 150 etc..

Reset device distribution & apply. Do you get better speeds then?

That did work actually but, wouldn't that effect the strenght of the ps4? If I had 20 to pc 20 to tablet and 60 to ps4 as  a example and I do a reset would that still effect how much connection is going to ps4? Also, say if I'm not using anything else but, only the ps4 and it's at a rest like you suggested?

• Administrators

That did work actually but, wouldn't that effect the strenght of the ps4? If I had 20 to pc 20 to tablet and 60 to ps4 as  a example and I do a reset would that still effect how much connection is going to ps4? Also, say if I'm not using anything else but, only the ps4 and it's at a rest like you suggested?

The PS4 does not require much bandwidth for gaming at all. Much less than 1mbps so giving it 60% is pretty overkill for your connection. As long as you have share excess on, any device that is using a lot can grab it from the other devices that aren't. 

Archived