New Owner...Why Can't I ever get below 60 for a ping in BO3?

Just got my Netduma yesterday and I've been reading and trying different set ups from the wiki page to youtube video set ups and no matter what I do, I get at least a 60 ping in BO3.   Anyone have any ideas?  I have a 60mb DL and 4mb UL.  Charter Communications Broadband.

Go into Internet Diagnosis and run a test... Post a screenshot of your full results

As you can see you have a pretty high base ping of about 35-40ms so the best you could ever see in a game would be about 35-40ms. Not much the router can do about your ISP...

Are you getting 60ms from the in game ping graph or on the netduma?

As you can see you have a pretty high base ping of about 35-40ms so the best you could ever see in a game would be about 35-40ms. Not much the router can do about your ISP...

Are you getting 60ms from the in game ping graph or on the netduma?

The in game ping is 67-80 and spikes to 150 once in a while.  Netduma shows 50+ usually.  I'm in MN, and the server it keeps grabbing is in Kansas and I can't grab anything else.  I'll admit I'm a total noob on all of this, but I should be able to grab better than 60+ I'd think.  Not sure if all my settings are good tho.

The in game ping is 67-80 and spikes to 150 once in a while.  Netduma shows 50+ usually.  I'm in MN, and the server it keeps grabbing is in Kansas and I can't grab anything else.  I'll admit I'm a total noob on all of this, but I should be able to grab better than 60+ I'd think.  Not sure if all my settings are good tho.

Well the in game ping is a lie, it's off by about 30-40ms on a good day so don't ever believe it lol

What does your geofilter page look like? Screenshot it

Ping assist is to assist in getting a game outside of the geo filter not inside.

So because the said server is within your geo and you are getting put on it by the game that is why you are getting 50 because your base ping is 35ms plus the distance to the server.

You will have to move the geo off the server and try again.

Ping assist is to assist in getting a game outside of the geo filter not inside.

So because the said server is within your geo and you are getting put on it by the game that is why you are getting 50 because your base ping is 35ms plus the distance to the server.

You will have to move the geo off the server and try again.

So when I do a speed test I get a ping of 19-20ms with a speed of 60mb/4mb.  In game I get pings of 60+ both before I bought the Netduma and after.  So basically the netduma isn't doing squat for me.  Would it be beneficial to up my internet speed to 100mb fiber optic or would that not make a difference?

• Administrators

The best thing would be for you to post everything from here http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=lag_support_instructionsthen we can best advise. 

I wouldn't pay attention to the in game ping, it goes up and down like a Yo-yo from what I've seen. 

Upgrading your internet speed will not give you a better experience unless it's base ping is lower. Bandwidth has nothing to do with gaming.

Archived