Slower Speeds

• Netduma Staff

unfortunately i ain't home anymore unless I don't need to be ? I'm guessing you do sorry about that, unless I go into a chat, and take down a few settings and give me a few tips, I don't mind

No worries :) For now, just try unchecking turbo mode and see if you keep getting the reboots (you won't get your full speeds but this is just to see what is causing the reboots). Also, is is possible the Netduma is overheating? Is it in en enclosed area or on a  carpet or anything like that? :)

Having issues with speeds too. My speeds are 300/20. A factory reset resolves issue but after awhile, speeds go back down to 1/4 speeds of what I have. And yes, all my settings are according to what is recommended as I've been a day 1 user. Not sure what the issues are.

Haven't been aboot for a while here, but noticed weird issues with the speeds as well. I have 125/12 directly connected to my modem with no router. I can achieve these speeds with turbo mode enabled as long as I hit the "reset" distribution box and don't adjust ANY devices priority wise. Now, If I go and adjust a device on device prioritization and click "update distribution" The speed will then be 12/4.  Curiously, all I'm doing is adjusting my PC on the device flower, that is all. (Although I did try adjusting other random devices on the flower). To reiterate,  I'm leaving upload and download at 100%, but if I move any device on the flower toward having more priority, after resetting distribution, the speed drops to 12/4. (This was all tested with reactive mode, sharing excess on and off. No PPPoE) 

I can adjust my Upload and Download bars and they accurately throttle as long as I do not adjust any of the devices on my tree and click "update distribution" after clicking "reset distribution" 

Now, If I have turbo mode disabled the tide turns billy. So now turbo mode is disabled, I hit "reset distribution" my speeds are now 85-90ish/12. (no adjustments made to the flower) So kinda close to my max bandwidth really. Okay, well lets try giving my PC a little more priority on the tree and updating the distribution. Now it's 70/12 whether giving it a small adjustment or 100%, with both share excess enabled, or disabled. Well hey, at least with turbo disabled the device prioritization seems to work, albeit at the expense of my max bandwidth.

I'd like to point out that before this update with reactive, I would get my max bandwidth while also being able to prioritize my devices. For example in the past if I wanted to not share excess, my PC would maintain max bandwidth with the sliders at 100. Now, it does not. It seems for me turbo mode is not working correctly. Nor is reactive without turbo. (As far as maintaining max dl bandwidth)  Thanks for your time, this has been a Moofda Presentation. 

So, is this a bug then with turbo mode and utilizing device priority? I've heard it might be fixed in the next update via crossy, but also you said this is purposeful and has logic. I'd just like to know why I can't use device priority with turbo mode, without it severely gimping my bandwidth. Thanks again.

Archived