is netduma for me?

hi guys hope you can help, i play fps games mainly cod on xbox one and advanced warfare i just completly gave up on and ready to do same with black ops 3 as im sick of all the hop skipping and jumping due to lag and people eating up all my bullets but not dieing etc im sure you all know all the rage enducing scenarios, i consider myself a pretty good player often top of my team in team deathmatch and kd of around 2 with my highest being 2.5+ in ghosts but in black ops the lag is killing me i can go 30-2 then following game with same teams on same map go 2-30 when the lags is all over the place.

my internet isnt the greatest but enough for gaming 7-12+mb down and 0.8 up no fibre here just yet but soon hopefully.

im 36 year old father of 2 and im far from flush with money and my xbox is my only real luxury and £150 is alot of money to spend for me but im willing to if its worth it.

so should i buy the netduma?

• Administrators

Hey daz, I can't say whether you should buy it or not - I want you to be certain you want it before making the plunge. 

What I will tell you is given your speeds and most likely multiple devices in your home our congestion control will ensure you can prioritise your console as well making it so you can download, stream, game etc without impact. 

The Geo-filter will get you more local hosts which will have a low ping. A low ping is directly related to a smoother game experience and better hit detection.

100% woerth a purchase, completely changed my gaming forever. There are many reviews on YouTube from people who have no affiliation with netduma! Also if you get it there are so many people on here that will be willing to help you set it up and get the best gaming experience!

Hey daz, I can't say whether you should buy it or not - I want you to be certain you want it before making the plunge. 

What I will tell you is given your speeds and most likely multiple devices in your home our congestion control will ensure you can prioritise your console as well making it so you can download, stream, game etc without impact. 

The Geo-filter will get you more local hosts which will have a low ping. A low ping is directly related to a smoother game experience and better hit detection.

hi yes i know sometimes the problem is on my end due to my kids on the net especially my son on youtube lol but not always plus i have an old billion 7800n at the minute that ive set up to prioritize my xbox which solves nearly all problems in other games but im almost certain the main issue is the new match making putting me against people far and wide so im really interested in the geofilter on the netduma and once they sort the cabinet in my area and i get fibre my speed should me closer to 40 down 10 up.

if all you play is CoD then id argue maybe not considering you are tight on money

i mean sure it gets better with the netduma because you have a host with very low ping to you, but all you can control is the host and not the other people being connected to the host

that means while you might have a host from your neighbourhood there still might be 2 asian guys, 2 eu guys, 2 us guys and 2 south american guys in the game that because of lag compensation to the host will screw you up

the netduma increases the chance of good games because of the host having low ping, but it cannot guarantee 100% lagfree games in CoD

the reason is how CoD does its matchmaking, the netduma cannot do much against it

there are alternatives by eg being your own host with the netduma and only allowing local players, but thats time consuming

overall the netduma is great for any game outside of CoD imo, if its just for CoD then even a high quality product like the netduma cannot fix the broken netcode that CoD has

Hi all.. Ive had my R1 for around a year now n all i can say is WOW what a difference it made for me.
Ive have fibre that wasnt the problem, i was jus an average COD player, but as soon as the Geo-filter steps in you notice the hit detection and the no more sponging bullets.. The ergonomically friendly layout of the r1 software is sublime. as is the 2 click device prioritisation option !

B4 NetDuma i was ready to leave gaming then.......... BOOSH HALLOW

best thing i personally done for my gaming.

ALSO id really like to know a lil more about the above comment

''there are alternatives by eg being your own host with the netduma and only allowing local players, but thats time consuming''

also could someone explain something to me?

in the xbox ones network stats it says i have 11.52 mbps down and 0.85 up and latency is 170ms but less than 30 when i check on laptop

also the black ops 3 in game menu says my bandwidth is only 840kbps but im guessing that just measures upload?

xbox live ping is always to the main server in seattle, if you are from EU then thats a normal ping

on your laptop you most likely ping EU servers which is why your ping is lower

BO3 only shows your upload

xbox live ping is always to the main server in seattle, if you are from EU then thats a normal ping

on your laptop you most likely ping EU servers which is why your ping is lower

BO3 only shows your upload

thanks, yes i pinged google uk and bbc uk

hi guys hope you can help, i play fps games mainly cod on xbox one and advanced warfare i just completly gave up on and ready to do same with black ops 3 as im sick of all the hop skipping and jumping due to lag and people eating up all my bullets but not dieing etc im sure you all know all the rage enducing scenarios, i consider myself a pretty good player often top of my team in team deathmatch and kd of around 2 with my highest being 2.5+ in ghosts but in black ops the lag is killing me i can go 30-2 then following game with same teams on same map go 2-30 when the lags is all over the place.

my internet isnt the greatest but enough for gaming 7-12+mb down and 0.8 up no fibre here just yet but soon hopefully.

im 36 year old father of 2 and im far from flush with money and my xbox is my only real luxury and £150 is alot of money to spend for me but im willing to if its worth it.

so should i buy the netduma?

Ok dude here is the deal, the way I see it. You need time to work with this router making adjustments to make it work for you. Half of what worked for me I found from other friendly users on this forum, who went out of their way to send private messages with ideas on what to do, I always lagged in cod. Though my speeds, situation and location are totally different. If you have some time to put into this router you should be able to have some smooth gaming, then again I think others just set it as the wiki suggest and it works great. Everyone is different and has different ways to make it work.

Archived