R1 Restarting

R1's been restarting randomly after updating to 1.03.5. Not sure if it's because of the new update because I just received the R1 the day before and immediately upgraded the firmware just yesterday.

Also, going to 192.168.88.1 after the restart always requires me to go through the help tours even after I have set up my preferences.

the help tour is irrritating yes, when i first got mine ,i had to get used to its setup arrangement..just click through it real fast to get rid of it.

VPN is enabled on first time setup its not supposed to be, see if it is first, look for the enable square and untick it and hit apply to disable it.

that sort of pissed me off when i found out it was enabled on mine for a long time just a suggestion.

once that is done get used to playing around with all the buttons and sliders, i did till i was cross eyed ,if you feel you know what your doing ,try that,if not just restart to factory settings and start over.

• Netduma Staff

Make sure you are using Chrome as your browser. Also make sure the Netduma is connected directly to a socket and not one of those multi power strip things and that it isn't in a place where it could be getting over-heated :)

enable cookies in miscelonius settings

Just turned on cookies, will see how it goes in the next few days.

Make sure you are using Chrome as your browser. Also make sure the Netduma is connected directly to a socket and not one of those multi power strip things and that it isn't in a place where it could be getting over-heated :)

Is there any particular reason to use Chrome? I'm on a Macbook so using Chrome isn't ideal as it hogs resources big time.

Is everyone who is having rebooting issues running with turbo mode on?  One of the issues from the beta testing was instability with turbo mode on, maybe not 100% nailed down?

I've got Turbo Mode on since I'm paying for 300Mbps/150Mbps.

• Netduma Staff

Is there any particular reason to use Chrome? I'm on a Macbook so using Chrome isn't ideal as it hogs resources big time.

It's the recommended browser so it is good to rule out browser issues. But I use Safari and don't have any problems and Firefox also works fine.

• Netduma Staff

Just an update... I've turned Turbo mode off and haven't had the reset issue since.  Was the related beta Turbo instability due to overheating?  Thanks!

Not sure. Hopefully Fraser/Iain can look into why this may be an issue :)

Quick update: R1 still does its intermittent restarts but doesn't require me to go through the help tours after enabling cookies(I think).

Not too inclined on disabling Turbo Mode as that was the whole point of updating to the latest firmware to test if it is the underlying issue.

So it seems that enabling Turbo Mode causes the intermittent restarts. Can confirm that it is the case as it is the only variable that I've changed the past 2 days.

Resetting to factory defaults and setting up as brand new router doesn't mitigate the issue either.

Any other solutions?

• Netduma Staff

So it seems that enabling Turbo Mode causes the intermittent restarts. Can confirm that it is the case as it is the only variable that I've changed the past 2 days.

Resetting to factory defaults and setting up as brand new router doesn't mitigate the issue either.

Any other solutions?

Hopefully when Fraser/Iain take a look at it then can see why this is happening :)

If you guys turn turbo mode off do you still get the restarts?

Just to add I turned turbo mode off last night and it hasn't rebooted since, I've just turned it back on again this morning to see what happens.

Mine does not have turbo mode as I do not have those speeds, my cookies are enabled and my router is in a cool well ventilated area and it has just rebooted and lost all my host filtering settings, all my devices and all my allowed friends on my white list. :angry:

I am very frustrated with my netduma experience... still getting in Laggy lobbies now to make matters worst I'm seriously thinking about a refund .why simple how come my device keep restarting turbo mode is off since I only got 30 down 10 up but I had to completely unplugged the device and wait for it to power up again I'm not going to lie but the hardware quality seems very cheap since the unboxing this was my first impression.By the way I had this device for less then 3 days smh

• Netduma Staff

I am very frustrated with my netduma experience... still getting in Laggy lobbies now to make matters worst I'm seriously thinking about a refund .why simple how come my device keep restarting turbo mode is off since I only got 30 down 10 up but I had to completely unplugged the device and wait for it to power up again I'm not going to lie but the hardware quality seems very cheap since the unboxing this was my first impression.By the way I had this device for less then 3 days smh

Can you make your own thread listing the issues you are having. Your issues can be sorted in there  :)

Archived