[NAS pluging] With RJ45 CAT 6

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but wondered if anyone was running a WD My Book from the Netduma? I've got one connected to port 5 and I'm getting the green steady light on router and NAS, but I'm unable to locate it on the network using the utilities provided from WD....any thoughts?

• Administrators

I know this is an old topic, but wondered if anyone was running a WD My Book from the Netduma? I've got one connected to port 5 and I'm getting the green steady light on router and NAS, but I'm unable to locate it on the network using the utilities provided from WD....any thoughts?

Hey welcome to the forum! Can't help with that specifically unfortunately as I'm not familiar with it. Would ensure any updates necessary for it are done.

Hey welcome to the forum! Can't help with that specifically unfortunately as I'm not familiar with it. Would ensure any updates necessary for it are done.

Hey Fraser, router was only bought about a month ago, so all up to date. Firmware on the MyBook live is also up to scratch.

Is it worth posting a new question to the forum on this one?

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=5871

My guess is the MyBook is using an IP address from a different network range, like 192.168.0.XXX, rather than the Duma's 192.168.88.XXX.

You may need to connect it direct to your computer, then assign a static IP address in the correct range.

from personal experience, the Qnap runs perfectly fine with a Duma setup,  i have a TS-431 running with no issues what so ever. 

So go ahead and invest in a NAS , the choice is yours however i'm quite amazed about the UI friendlyness in Qnap. lots of options and does work out of the box.

loads of apps for use with mobile device also. 

Cheers :)

Archived