Help - new install not working

I've just received and installed my Netduma R1 (rb-951g-2hnd). Everything setup with defaults, and network and internet seem to be working fine, I can play online with Xbox One, with NAT open. I am using virgin media with 152Mb unlimited with the virgin media router in modem mode and a single connection to the netduma using the PoE port, and the xbox and PC are hardwired directly to the netduma Ethernet ports. I am using Windows 10 Internet Explorer (not MS Edge).

However, I have a few problems when trying to configure and use the netduma features.

I had the below problems with the device before updating the firmware, I rebooted a few times, then updated the firmware to 1.03.4, and still have the same problems.

Problem 1

Under Congestion Control, I can't seem to set my up/down bandwidth, whenever I try and set this it reverts to previous value.

1. Select Congestion Control

2. Select Set Bandwidth

3. Enter Values, e.g. Download = 120, Upload = 12

4. Select Update Bandwidth

5. Select View - correct bandwidth values show on diagram

6. Select Network Monitor

7. Select Device Manager - bandwidth values have reverted to previous default

8. Select Edit - bandwidth values in Internet Connection edit boxes are back to previous default values

Problem 2

Network Monitor no data shown on charts.

All attached devices are detected and shown, and are selected with the green tick next to the icon, but their is no data in the monitor charts, even when I know I am consuming bandwidth by watching online videos, or similar. There is a line scrolling along the bottom of the chart at the zero value. I have tried disabling all devices and only enabling one or two that I know are active with no affect.

Problem 3

Host Filtering no devices are shown on the geo-filter map.

When trying to Select Service for xbox, I can choose the xbox device, but there is no "Xbox live" service only "Xbox live PA" which I select. The Xbox icon appears above the Select Service drop down, Show Hosts is ticked, and the button says "Disable". So I assume the xbox is active for host filtering. I set filter distance to 5000km and ping assist to 100ms, all options are selected except Peer Ping. My home location is set to London. But no devices appear on the geo-filter map.

I've just received and installed my Netduma R1 (rb-951g-2hnd). Everything setup with defaults, and network and internet seem to be working fine, I can play online with Xbox One, with NAT open. I am using virgin media with 152Mb unlimited with the virgin media router in modem mode and a single connection to the netduma using the PoE port, and the xbox and PC are hardwired directly to the netduma Ethernet ports. I am using Windows 10 Internet Explorer (not MS Edge).

However, I have a few problems when trying to configure and use the netduma features.

I had the below problems with the device before updating the firmware, I rebooted a few times, then updated the firmware to 1.03.4, and still have the same problems.

Problem 1

Under Congestion Control, I can't seem to set my up/down bandwidth, whenever I try and set this it reverts to previous value.

1. Select Congestion Control

2. Select Set Bandwidth

3. Enter Values, e.g. Download = 12, Upload = 120

4. Select Update Bandwidth

5. Select View - correct bandwidth values show on diagram

6. Select Network Monitor

7. Select Device Manager - bandwidth values have reverted to previous default

8. Select Edit - bandwidth values in Internet Connection edit boxes are back to previous default values

Problem 2

Network Monitor no data shown on charts.

All attached devices are detected and shown, and are selected with the green tick next to the icon, but their is not data in the monitor charts, even when I know I am consuming bandwidth by watching online videos, or similar. There is a line scrolling along the bottom of the chart at the zero value. I have tried disabling all devices and only enabling one or two that I know are active with no affect.

Problem 3

Host Filtering no devices are shown on the geo-filter map.

When trying to Select Service for xbox, I can choose the xbox device, but there is no "Xbox live" service only "Xbox live PA" which I select. The Xbox icon appears above the Select Service drop down, Show Hosts is ticked, and the button says "Disable". So I assume the xbox is active for host filtering. I set filter distance to 5000km and ping assist to 100ms, all options are selected except Peer Ping. My home location is set to London. But no devices appear on the geo-filter map.

I would suggest doing a factory reset and seeing if the problems occur with the vanilla netduma

I had tried chrome but had the same problem, tried Chrome again just now and everything is working - thanks

Chrome is still temperamental though, if it continues to be a problem please use Firefox like jimbobigbaggins already suggested. Chrome doesn't always show hosts on the geo, they dissapear a reappear randomly.

Thanks all for your help. Switching to Firefox.

Anyone know which android / kindle browsers work best. Easier to use a tablet while gaming.

All seems to be working well although not sure I noticed any big difference in BO3 yet. Could do with someone installing a netduma on the BO3 dedi's in London to block people with high ping joining the servers :)

Archived