Chrome - Error trying to ping

I've been using the R1 with BO3 on PS4 for a few days and for a while now Chrome has a problem getting the ping of the host. This means I can't monitor it as I play and the ping stats don't show up on the host filtering page. I have tried turning the R1 off and on but it doesn't resolve the issue. The only things I've changed are the bandwidth and geo-filter radius but I don't see why that should be an issue. 

Seems to be fixed. I had trouble connecting to the wifi as well, couldn't even get to the hub page. The R1 was reset and I set up everything from scratch, now I can use the wifi and the last few games the ping has come back. 

Hi blankplanet, welcome to the Duma forum :)

If it happens again & its browser related, could you give firefox a try please, this maybe irrelevant to your problem but java (Oracle) has stoppped supporting chrome, announced a few months back.

At least you have something to compare against when diagnosing ;)

• Administrators

Let us know if you have any more issues! Glad to see it's working now though

I have this problem on my win 10 computer as well with chrome but works on my win 7 pc

It is most likely the built in firewall causing that

• Netduma Staff

Is the allow/deny feature available on PS4? Since getting the R1 my games have been really smooth I'd say 9/10 times but every once in a while a bad one comes through and I'd like to avoid that as much as possible. 

Welcome to the forum Blankplanet :)

Yeah, you can use allow/deny on PS4 :) Instructions for that are here.

Archived