A question regarding Bo3

So my Netduma works great with regards to keeping network congestion down when I am gaming, and in rocket league and a few destiny matches I played it seemed to be doing great at reducing lag. But when I play Bo3 I will have great ping both to host and in game, yet every few moments my movement will rubber band severely. And it feels like anytime someone starts shooting at me I am suddenly unable to do anything productive. I can run around the map perfectly fine (besides the rubber banding issue) but every engagement turns into a contest to see which engagement will jitter about more. (And in the kill cams it will show me shooting to their side even when on my screen I emptied half a clip into their chests. Or It won't show me shooting at all even when I did.)

I'm wondering if this sounds like something that can be solved using the Netduma, or if you think this sounds more like a Bo3 issue. I also just remembered a question I had about whitelisting friends. According to many of the videos I've watched and the guide, it sounds like all I need to do is load up into a private game and whitelist the circle that comes up when my friend joins. Only, none of my friends ever show up on the map. 

I have tried to go into private matches with one person at a time with and without the Geofilter on. But whatever I do no new circle will show up anywhere on the map for me to click on and whitelist. So I was wondering if that was an issue with how I'm trying to figure this out or my settings. Or is it maybe something wrong with the filter itself? (side question, I had thought that all the people I was loading into a lobby with would show up on the map. But oftentimes it is only a few. Is that how it is supposed to work?)

I'm hoping that I can get some insight into these issues. Hopefully it is just me doing something wrong. 

Hi conifer17, welcome to the forum :)

In a nutshell, its mainly the game and time to get it ported properly to work on the Netduma. The staff here have been working & testing updates, patchs & cloud settings 24/7.

Nothing else I say will explain is easier, give this a read buddy:   http://forum.netduma.com/topic/9052-black-ops-3-update-upgrade-cloud-extras/  B)

Thanks for the reply! :-)

Hopefully the update will help out with the game experience. but do you know why my friends aren't showing up on the map for me to whitelist them? 

Are you using firefox browser on your laptop to view the geo-filter ?

Try inviting them to a (headset) party seperate from the game, invite them one at a time to complete it easier... wait a while and a circle should appear in their location, click on it then rate that buddy to 100% underneath. Then your next buddy & so on.

• Administrators

Hey welcome to the forum! 

Make sure to keep zoomed out to see where they are appearing and disable the Geo first then invite, then add. 

Make sure you are using Google Chrome or Firefox as well for the interface.

Are you using congestion control? That could prevent the rubber banding if it is not just a bad host.

Thanks for the welcome all. :-) 

my main browser is Chrome and I have tried a lot of the suggestions I've found on the forum. Only, whenever a friend joins a party chat or a game party, nothing shows up on the map. Even when fully zoomed out. The only circle that has shown up when I've tried is one of those that you can't update and is nowhere near my friend. (I'm guessing that is a server or something for the party chat?) The Netduma is working great for keeping the lag down when people start watching netflix and the like. I'm just hoping to figure out how to use the Geo-filter properly and usefully. 

Regarding the rubber banding, it is mostly not an issue. Most of a game in Bo3 will run fine... Until I enter a gunfight and suddenly the entire screen will skip around and the other guy will usually end up killing me. And then on the kill cam it looks like I was way behind them in terms of reacting to the fight even when on my screen I was shooting just as much as them. So I'm not sure what that is about. Usually the congestion control settings are set to around 70% and my playstation gets 20-30% priority. It is also on preemptive. (my down is 40 and up is 12)

When playing destiny I don't have any worse lag than normal(not better really, but I haven't played around with settings to be specific to destiny. Since I didn't lag too much in that anyway.) and in Rocket League the netduma works wonderfully in keeping my ping steady to around 23ms every game. I've been playing a bunch of Battlefront recently and for maybe 97% of time I will move around smoothly and get my shots to land well. (unless my stormtrooper aim comes into play. lol) But occasionally there will be a small bit of rubber banding for a brief second and yesterday during the game mode "Fighter Squadron" I kept getting the warning that my connection to the servers was bad and I might be removed from the game. And it caused the enemy ships to teleport all around the sky. (I'm also not sure what that is about, but thought that it might be useful for you to know how all the games I play often perform compared to Bo3)

• Administrators
  1. Disable the Geo-filter
  2. Invite them to a private game
  3. Does anything appear on the Geo?
  4. If so add them by clicking, naming, rating, updating.

Are you seeing spikes in ping when that occurs on the host? Is it every host?

Haven't looked into Battlefront support yet so can't comment to much on that currently.

So I recently tried putting my Comcast Gateway into bridge mode to see what would happen. And the few games I played in Destiny and Battlefront ran amazingly well. But after the recent update my speeds are a bit slower than they used to be. (they used to hover around 40 down and 20 up on my computer. And now they fluctuate a good bit between 10-20 down and 5-10 up.) I don't know if this is an issue with Comcast right now, or something wrong with the router settings. Currently I am getting around 20 down and 10 up on my computer. Another issue that seems to be happening is that the Congestion control doesn't seem like it is working at all. 

Before the update I did some tests and was able to run Netflix in HD and a youtube video in maxed HD while playing Bo3, and I didn't see any increase in lag. But now my roommate is watching Netflix on his ps4 and my console is giving me internet test results of less than 1Mbs down and up. The moment he pauses Netflix my console shows 28 down and 4-5 up. And everything works like I'm used to. 

My Ps4 is set to 30% priority and I've tried throttling to 70% and also sliding the sliders up and down and putting them at 100%. But the moment Netflix is started on his playstation, my playstation gets kicked to the curb and can't do anything online. It's incredibly frustrating. Any idea what the issue could be?

• Netduma Staff

My Ps4 is set to 30% priority and I've tried throttling to 70% and also sliding the sliders up and down and putting them at 100%. But the moment Netflix is started on his playstation, my playstation gets kicked to the curb and can't do anything online. It's incredibly frustrating. Any idea what the issue could be?

Try changing the algorithm to reactive :)

Already tried both during the time my roommate was watching Netflix and I was having problems. I came on the forums to try and find any threads that might have solutions and I couldn't find any that seemed to work. I was able to get some really nice lag free gaming in on every game but Bo3(but those were I think just laggy lobbies this time) once my roommate went to sleep. So I think switching my original router to bridge mode helped solve most of the weird frame drop lag stuff that was happening. Now my main issue seems to be with the anti-flood/congestion control stuff not working correctly.

When I have the sliders to 100% my computer returns around 36 down and 12 up usually and my console returns 26 down and 5 up. When gaming I set it to 70% like you guys recommend. And before the update I would get lower speeds on my console, but steadier ones. People could use things like Netflix and my console wouldn't get affected. But my roommate is using netflix again and my network monitor says that his console is using between 12-15% of the bandwidth. My console now says 282.5 kbps down and 190.9 kbps up. The sliders are currently at 100% (as I only just turned on my console in the hopes of playing some games tonight) and the distribution thing is reset at equal priority for everyone.

I just put my playstation at 40% priority and my playstation returned 1.3mbps down and 2.4mbps up on the first test. The second test gives 2.1 down and 2.8 up. the third has given 1.9mbps down and 625kbps up. All of this with the sliders at 100/100%. I just did a fourth test about five minutes after the last one to see what would happen and it gives 353kbps down and 199kbps up. 

It is so bad that I can't effectively talk to my friends in party chat, much less play any online games. The moment Netflix turns off though, my playstation is back to it's normal speeds and does perfectly fine lag wise in the games I play. (destiny, battlefront, rocket league, Bo3) Which makes me think that it is a problem with the prioritization or congestion control systems. I haven't done a factory reset yet, but I have read that some other people on the forums have had success with their issues by doing one and putting all their settings back in. Is that maybe something you think might help?

Archived