bt openreach modem sky fibre w/ netduma

Anyway to remove this low interleaving ?

If you dont interrupt it after a while you should go back on fastpath, if you keep reseting your router or have lots of power outs it thinks there is a fault and switches you to interleaving to re-establish ypu optimum speeds. 

If you dont interrupt it after a while you should go back on fastpath, if you keep reseting your router or have lots of power outs it thinks there is a fault and switches you to interleaving to re-establish ypu optimum speeds. 

Think my connection has had this ping since it was installed. The woman from sky said she could see errors on the line and openreach would have to adjust at the exchange or cabinet said it would take 3-5 days. just have to play the waiting game them

Hi. Just looking for some advice. I'm with sky 37down 5up base ping 40ish It's coming up through the BT openreach modem and then through sky's SR101 iv just got the netduma R1 and its set up in DMZ with the SR101, this is the way I was advised to set it up by the netduma people. Is this the only way to set up the netduma can it not just come through the BT openreach modem? Im not sure if the Duma PA is working properly with the SR101 no matter what % I put it at I can't get below 40ms. And in game (Blops3) showing 50ms and above! I can get better ping without the Duma! Any advice would be great. Many Thanks.

Just to add, SKY quoted me 40 down when I went with them, the actual line when installed could barely get 20. 

I complained to them and to be fair they sorted it within a couple of weeks, they sent a BT engineer to install some new wire into the house and a new phone point and now I get the full 40 so there's a good chance you'll be at full speed once they get to the bottom of it.

Hi. Just looking for some advice. I'm with sky 37down 5up base ping 40ish It's coming up through the BT openreach modem and then through sky's SR101 iv just got the netduma R1 and its set up in DMZ with the SR101, this is the way I was advised to set it up by the netduma people. Is this the only way to set up the netduma can it not just come through the BT openreach modem? Im not sure if the Duma PA is working properly with the SR101 no matter what % I put it at I can't get below 40ms. And in game (Blops3) showing 50ms and above! I can get better ping without the Duma! Any advice would be great. Many Thanks.

If you extract your Password and Username from your SR-101 you should be able to get rid of it and have just Modem to Netduma. Heres how to get your Username and Passworrd from your Sky Hub, and yes it works on SR-101 :)

• Netduma Staff

Not really having an issue with my down or up, it's the ping on the Duma and in game, was just wondering if I cut out the sr101 would it help with the ping?

It probably wouldn't affect the ping too much. Are all devices connected through the Netduma? What are the in-game pings that you are getting?

B4 I connected the Duma my in game ping was around 33/35, now it's 49/50 most of the time. but, in the Duma interface showing 39/40 in a good game, just don't understand the point of PA if it's not working the Geo-filter is more affective then the PA, I'm in the uk there must be pings lower then 40 around me? If your base ping is say 40 can you get in a game lower then that? Or dose it go on your own ping? Thanks

Another update contacted sky 2 days ago to ask for an update on openreach checking the issue was informed it would be fixed that day with a line reset and ip reprofile..  contacted again tonight and was informed openreach did all this and i'm seeing better speeds because of this.

My connection never disconnected once since i was informed openreach where doing this my pings are the same and the only reason my connection has increased by 1mb is because i replaced the adsl cable with a cat6 cable with rj11's on each end a few days before contacting them. So sky/openreach are trying to take the credit for my cable switch. also they are saying i'm receiving 34mb when the router stats say 32mb I told the lady the line is the same because the ping / speeds haven't changed so an openreach engineer is coming to my house on friday.

Feel like i'm dealing with idiots everytime I contact them

Another update contacted sky 2 days ago to ask for an update on openreach checking the issue was informed it would be fixed that day with a line reset and ip reprofile..  contacted again tonight and was informed openreach did all this and i'm seeing better speeds because of this.

My connection never disconnected once since i was informed openreach where doing this my pings are the same and the only reason my connection has increased by 1mb is because i replaced the adsl cable with a cat6 cable with rj11's on each end a few days before contacting them. So sky/openreach are trying to take the credit for my cable switch. also they are saying i'm receiving 34mb when the router stats say 32mb I told the lady the line is the same because the ping / speeds haven't changed so an openreach engineer is coming to my house on friday.

Feel like i'm dealing with idiots everytime I contact them

Yep Sky know nothing unless you get tier 2 or tier 3 then they tend to know their stuff, as for BT engineers they know very little also unless you get a good one. I have had countless BT engineers out over the years and all they can do is check your line, change your VDSL faceplate and give you a line reset, bare in mind Fibre starts high then gets lower as it optimises where ADSL starts low and goes up. Also when i first got my Fibre i was the second person in the cabinet and was getting over 9mb up and 38mb down but as the cab got more connections i am now on 8mb up and 30mb down. Also i have a flashed HG612 Open Reach modem which i tried the other day and removed the SR-102, got the modem working fine as i looked in the GUI but the Duma would not work with it. I suspect the Duma is not compatible with MER maybe Iain or Zennon can confirm this. I did ask Crossy and he suspected the same as me and had an idea that is being added to the Dumas software soon. 

yeah the woman was basically talking over me every time I said anything. quoted between 35-40mb she says the minimum is 32mb, might sound silly but I just can't get it into my head that if my house is so close to the cabinet i would be hitting borderline minimum speeds and they where trying to tell me my broadband speeds are 34mb when the modem says different. the last speed i was estimated with adsl ( I know fibre is different ) was 11mb and i was hitting 14mb and had no issues when the line was on a 6db fastpath profile with talktalk.

forgot to say +1 for the duma to add compatibility it would make plenty of people happy. I think normal openwrt has this function already so shouldn't be that hard to port over 

Unfortunately if your line falls within the acceptable guidelines for fttc estimate (which it does) Open reach won't investigate too far as not a fault as far as they are concerned. Good luck, hope you get it worked out.

Yep Sky know nothing unless you get tier 2 or tier 3 then they tend to know their stuff, as for BT engineers they know very little also unless you get a good one. I have had countless BT engineers out over the years and all they can do is check your line, change your VDSL faceplate and give you a line reset, bare in mind Fibre starts high then gets lower as it optimises where ADSL starts low and goes up. Also when i first got my Fibre i was the second person in the cabinet and was getting over 9mb up and 38mb down but as the cab got more connections i am now on 8mb up and 30mb down. Also i have a flashed HG612 Open Reach modem which i tried the other day and removed the SR-102, got the modem working fine as i looked in the GUI but the Duma would not work with it. I suspect the Duma is not compatible with MER maybe Iain or Zennon can confirm this. I did ask Crossy and he suspected the same as me and had an idea that is being added to the Dumas software soon.

A duma update that will help work better with sky's MER??

Archived