Halo 5 Compatablility: Cloud Update Now Live

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks both.

So doing this will kick fireteam members back to the main Halo5 menu or lobby rather than forcing them into the match? If so, that is a much better solution than having to quit via dashboard or going offline. 

yes it kicks them just back into the halo 5 dashboard, all they need to do is join you again then while they remain in the chatparty

though they should be rather quick on doing that, tell them to leave once youve spotted a US server

reasons is once the game is too close to start and you quit out of it (regardless of closing the game or chatparty trick) you get a penalty for quitting

your friends have to quit before the countdown for the game starts (5,4,3,2,1, start to blackscreen and launch the map)

So for US based players, does this still happen often? What's the best course of action to use when trying to play a game in the US as a player who is actually based there. 

Should I be the fire team leader when searching for games every time or does this not matter?

read my longer post above, it doesnt matter for several reasons

the biggest is that 80-90% of the time the lobby plays on a US host, so you dont need to geo-filter as an US player at all (screw 343i for that pathetic favourism)

next to that its only the R1 user who gets kicked from the non-US server while anyone else from the fireteam connects to the oversea server

therefore it doesnt matter if the R1 user is the leader or just part of the party, hes the only one who loses connection to the server

(reason is explained above, its halo 5s unique network system)

• Administrators

Do you think it would make a big difference for me being on a telephone line DSL connection? I can tell when I get a close server vs a server across the country. The difference for my particular connection is very noticable.

If your ping is good there isn't a difference you would see. You could use the Geo in the US and favour an area, just have a bigger radius than usual.

We'll be making a video on Halo 5 very soon though it's more tailored towards EU players, but the same theory should apply for the US to get certain H5 servers.

Server don't always show up in the right location, thats why the geofilter doesnt work for me.

Same Ping (~55ms) but supposedly different servers:

rv5ZHRR.png?1

Je5uT1H.png?1

After the most recent matchmaking update i play on EU servers most of the time. Is it possible to set the filter radius to 0 and use ping assist (set to less then 100ms) to block US server?

• Administrators

Could you provide the ID for that first one? I can't read it, feel like I'm going cross eyed!

Yes that should work, but you'll get booted and will have to keep researching. Remember to keep strict on as well.

• Administrators

HUGE cloud update went out for Halo. It's night and day now. Go to this thread if you're wanting to test it. You should see a massive difference just by having auto&bleeding edge cloud ticked and applied though. 

I'll lock this thread now.

Archived