Seems to "Always allow host" around the world

TMadHammer

Guest Netduma_Iain

Aaaaah I see,

You see the service selection boxes at the top. Can you select the same console then pick "Playstation network PA" instead of "Playstation network" and "Xbox Live PA" instead of "Xbox Live".

You may get the dotted circles outside your filter but they should be low ping. If you don't like it set the ping assist to 0m please

• Netduma Staff

Hi Iain,

if ping assist set at 0 , how is it managed inside the circle ?

Olivier

When ping assist is set to 0, it is essentially turned off because it means that it will not make any exceptions for low-ping games as no game would have a ping as low as 0. :)

@TMadHatter- this is just my opinion.The first thing i would do is slide your home location east due to the fact that half of your GF is in the water.I take it your getting into games now.Having your PA set to zero should have very little to do with getting into games.I set mine to 0 a lot to avoid connecting to a NJ dedi i don't like.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok there are a couple of interesting things in this thread I should address.

I ALWAYS recommend using the PA services so MadHammer I suggest "Playsation Network PA". If you don't like ping assist don't choose the non PA version, instead set it to 0ms. MadHammer if you have it set to 0ms with PA service you should never ever get a game outside your filter UNLESS its the anti-cheat feature.  If it is still happening please let me know and i'll help buddy.

Black Ops Verteran your router has been patched so when you click a circle you can see host IDs now. Next time you get on one of those San Fran servers please let me know the ID of the host. That host is in the wrong location I'll make sure to move it to the UK as soon as I get the ID. Thanks.

Hope that helps guys

It seems to work better with XBOX disabled. It also still seems to be up and down. I noticed that the host filter settings don't always save. I have to close the browser and reopen it 2 or 3 times. I played today for a bit and had some good games and laggy 2-3 bar games. I'm on a dedicated connection with nothing else on the router so I'm not sure whats going on.

Guest Netduma_Iain

When you say it doesn't save do you mean settings like zoom factor, km to miles, etc? If so those settings never saved and we will address it soon. The reason it doesn't save is functionally it doesn't do anything, its purely visual. Any settings that impact how it filters are saved when you use it.

On the laggy games, I think you just have more info then you did in .6. If you set ping assist to 0ms then it behaves identically to .6, unfortunately we can't do anything if the host you connect to is laggy. You can try avoid it by using the deny feature or changing your home or reducing the distance. Your search times will increase but at least your in control. 

Hope that helps.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Black Ops Vet, that host has been moved in the bleeding edge cloud! Select bleeding edge if you'd like to try it out :) 

If people are happy within 2 days I'll move it to the normal cloud 

Archived