Tracking good & bad hosts for the good of mankind

Urge

The NetDuma is doing a wonderful job of keeping us in our set geographical regions, but It's still possible to have bad games as we all know, due to bad servers.  In this case you may have to set your home and distance different to avoid a particular server.  The purpose of this thread is to list out servers that don't play nearly as well as others, or one that you may find amazing.  For instance if you are in a New Jersey server that is playing terrible, you can check it's ID and then post here to see that others have the same trouble and want to avoid it.

Please only post What System you're playing on, location, server ID and its quality (e.g. good, bad, amazing, terrible)

P.S. I'm on the new patch currently, which is why i'm seeing the ID's.  It will be going out to all soon.

That being said, the first servers  on the PS4, New Jersey, Server ID - 813d6e6c - bad

New Jersey, Server ID - 813dd16c - bad

New Jersey, Server ID - 593d746c - good

Georgia,       Server ID - 683d656c - good

This server is a "pain in the ass" for peeps in Hawaii playing on the Xbox One

id: 3a28e768

I usually try to avoid this server by setting my ping assist to 0 so I get games within my geo filter. depending on the time of day, its practically impossible for me get a game going because I think most games are connected to this dedi. I don't know why I connect to this dedicated because I usually see 2 dedi servers located in the California area.

post-253-0-63431400-1423261879_thumb.png

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I have a feeling its not really the server itself that is/isn't the problem but its the other people that are connecting to it.

You might play two games on the exact same server. The first game could be amazing and everything is silky smooth and perfect. Then a few people leave the lobby and a few people with bad ping join the lobby and suddenly your next game is a complete mess.

Your connection to the host is always pretty solid but the other people in the game with bad connections are the ones who cause the issues, not the server itself. I think this is why the ping graph is constantly showing spikes and dips because your ping is interacting with everyone else's ping and they're all different so they give you different results on your graph. If the ping graph was just between you and the server then I would imagine it would be a more solid line without as many dips and spikes.

This is just a theory of mine based on how Advanced Warfare performs for me, it would be great if someone could clarify whether its right or wrong.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Vile I'm neither confirming or denying your theory.

But the ping itself is to the server only other players have nothing to do with that. How much is your pin fluctuating anything below 20ms realistically won't be noticeable

Before everyone gets carried away

Just bear in mind what might be bad for one person, maybe fine or good for someone else it all depends on ping, and how your packets get routed to that server,

Was in fear that just because one had a bad connection/experience, does not guarantee that others will have same connection/experience.

Thanks for letting the masses know.

Hmm.. I may not have been clear with my post and I may still be completely way off but here's a theoretical example;

I just ran a speedtest and I got 11ms ping. So assuming the speedtest server was the same server that was hosting the game it would take 11ms for my packets to get from me to the server. If the server has a ping of 10ms (for example)  then that's a 21ms round trip. Now lets say someone on the other team also has 11ms. It takes his packets 11ms to get to the host and then from the host it takes 10ms to get to me and mine would be the same going back to him so between me and the other player we have 21ms between us which is pretty much perfect as far as online gaming goes.

But what if we introduce a guy with 80ms ping on the other team. It would take around 90ms for his packets to reach me and it would only take 21ms for my packets to reach him... so wouldn't that player be the cause of my lag and not the server itself?

ok, my first noob question( at least the first one in my opinion lol) is there a place that these server ID's can be entered to connect/not connect? Also, anyone having any luck getting connections to matches without dedis? I try and it takes forever. I may get to play one match and then it's over and back to waiting. I play ps4 and pretty much TDM all the time so I know its not the mode and just no one available. 

The NetDuma is doing a wonderful job of keeping us in our set geographical regions, but It's still possible to have bad games as we all know, due to bad servers.  In this case you may have to set your home and distance different to avoid a particular server.  The purpose of this thread is to list out servers that don't play nearly as well as others, or one that you may find amazing.  For instance if you are in a New Jersey server that is playing terrible, you can check it's ID and then post here to see that others have the same trouble and want to avoid it.

Please only post What System you're playing on, location, server ID and its quality (e.g. good, bad, amazing, terrible)

P.S. I'm on the new patch currently, which is why i'm seeing the ID's.  It will be going out to all soon.

That being said, the first servers  on the PS4, New Jersey, Server ID - 813d6e6c - bad

New Jersey, Server ID - 813dd16c - bad

New Jersey, Server ID - 593d746c - good

Georgia,       Server ID - 683d656c - good

Where would i see a server id?

I've been having good luck with the following dedi's.I'm on PS3 and i believe the block is in Illinois (chicago)...

ee3de46c

59c782ad

ee3d7d6c

All treat me pretty well,i would rate them good to very good.But again that's my experience,your's may be different.

Guest Netduma Fraser

How do you know if the host is good or not?

If the ping is low then it is properly a good host, however you will be able to tell by the way the game plays to know if it is a good host or not. :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

is there a way to avoid a dedicated server? Everytime i play now, its 90% on the same dedicated server

Make sure strict mode is enabled, also you could try moving your home location to find a different dedi.

Have you tried PA ? :)

Like Fraser said move your home location away from the dedi you don't like.Just my opinion but be free with your home location,i've been moving mine all over the US just to check things out.And the last few days (as i think AW has some serious issues right now) the games are really no different at 550 km or 1800 km ping wise and game play wise.The duma will still get you in a solid lobby.At least that's been my experience.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Like Fraser said move your home location away from the dedi you don't like.Just my opinion but be free with your home location,i've been moving mine all over the US just to check things out.And the last few days (as i think AW has some serious issues right now) the games are really no different at 550 km or 1800 km ping wise and game play wise.The duma will still get you in a solid lobby.At least that's been my experience.

Cheers fuzzy thats great to see :)

Archived