Spotty and inconsistent speeds with all possibl setups involving netduma

I've had the netduma for under a month now. Things were cool but i've noticed ever since i've gotten the device I have to constantly reboot both my modem and netduma too frequently to warrant an occasional hiccup.

Now here's my main problem for the past few weeks:

The netduma will be fine and I'll get reasonably close to the speeds i get otherwise for about 5mins to an hr until.....The netduma just drops my speeds drastically to 0-5mbps consistently

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my setup: 

---Comcast Extreme 150 internet(actually get 175 mbps up, 25mbps down)

---ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem

---D-Link DGS-2208 Unmanaged 8-Port Desktop Green Ethernet Switch

---Linksys WRT AC1900 Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Wireless Router with Gigabit & USB 3.0 Ports and eSATA (WRT1900ACS)

---Netduma Router

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ideally want to have and have been trying to get this setup to work: 

-The netduma as my main router for all of my hardwired connections(to utilize device prioritization to its fullest)

-With the switch connected to the netduma (for more ports and being able to control my other consoles using the netduma)

-And the AC1900 to act as an access point for all of my wireless connections

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how i have them all connected:

Modem>Netduma(switch hooked up to port 5 on netduma)>Linksys AC1900(hardwired to port 4 of netduma)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are ALL of the external troubleshooting steps i've tried MULTIPLE times:

-Tested connecting directly to the modem with my pc (Tested my speeds strictly with my pc being hardwired and used multiple server locations just to be sure and get roughly the same exact speeds that i'm paying for )

-Called Comcast support multiple times making sure the connections are good on their end(they are)

-Ended up moving to another location with the same issues

-Tried different ethernet cables(most i have are CAT6 which are more than capable of gigabit speeds)

-I'm the only person utilizing my internet but was also in an environment where it was shared (same issue exists in both scenarios)

-Made sure my other devices with high priorities weren't downloading or doing anything bandwidth intensive

-Swapped the modem out with a new one at best buy since i thought it may have been the modem (same issue exists)

-tried testing my many different devices(note 4, xbox one, PS4 etc.) same inconsistent speeds reflected as inaccurate as they may be on consoles and other devices

-Tried a different web browser(normally use chrome but switched to firefox when i used ookla to test my internet speeds

-Tried my connection just through the AC1900 to the modem obviously(get the same exact speeds as if i was connected directly to the modem)

-Tried using the AC1900 as my main router and netduma as secondary but still run into same issue since you always have to have pc connected if you want to access the duma

-Accessing AC1900 individually (powercycling,disabling various settings etc.) works fine...by itself

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Utilized the netduma wiki and forums to a T by....

-Disabling ipv6 on everything

-Turning off deep packet processing

-Switching to reactive since i have above 60mbps download

-Setting bandwidth to different ones to ensure that the issue may not be the netduma being pushed over its capacity(175mbps down 25 up) (125mbps down, 25 up) (105 mbps down, 25 up) same results for all 

-Enabling cookies to make sure my settings were saved

-Giving my pc (of which i was troubleshooting with) all of the priority (still run into same spotty speeds issue)

-Made sure i updated my netduma to the latest version (which is 1.03.4 at the time of this post)

-Disabling all settings pertaining to wireless since i want to use my AC1900 for all wireless connnections (wifi workaround etc.)

-Power cycling

-Reset to factory defaults

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see i've literally tried everything from the forums and wiki to make sure it's not the netduma, but ALL signs are really pointing to my netduma being defective in some way, shape, or form. I will appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Regards,

Aaron

Great run down , i think that is the most precise ive ever seen on here.

It is a bug with Energy Efficient Ethernet with the modem SB6183 other members that have owned that modem will hopefully post to tell about it, most have bought another modem but the not the Netgear cm500 as this has the same problem.

Thanks alot guys! I Did rule out and didn't look into the actual modem being the issue since i got it working fine with my AC1900 and also replaced it. Didn't think to look for the SB6183 in particular. Also what's the current max throughput mbps wise with the R1 as of the latest update? I heard a few different things about it. So is there any workaround for this particular issue or can it be solved with a future update with the R1 or SB6183? I'll look deeper into this on the forum as well.

Appreciate the insight guys! I was this-close to banging my head on the wall with madness.

So after some sleuthing on the forums I found a possible workaround would be putting the netduma as a secondary router to my AC1900 to circumvent the EEE bug. I'll update with my results.

So after some sleuthing on the forums I found a possible workaround would be putting the netduma as a secondary router to my AC1900 to circumvent the EEE bug. I'll update with my results.

Doesn't matter where the R1 is at in your network.

With Comcast and the R1 you'll still crash the modem.

I've always had the R1 behind my Asus RT-AC87U and in it's DMZ. It crashes my network once a week.

Have to restart everything to get back up and running.

I'm prob just gonna replace it with the sb141. Going by the forums it has a better chipset that doesn't have this bug and EEE for that matter and still has the capacity for my internet speed tier.

the ip address is http://192.168.100.1/for me and takes me to a web gui interface similar to a router where you can check error statuses etc. based on my research they started rolling out this firmware to comcast customers in select areas ig. But I'll try my ideal setup and turn EEE on and see if that gives me better results since best buy closed.

I see. I already sold my surfboard and the netgear still has an older firmware that only shows signal levels and modem log.

I'm hoping Docsis 3.1 comes out soon along with a new firmware for my netgear.

Archived