Ghost Seattle Dedi

I've been having issues since February and every COD game, seems like I'm a second behind. Last night I was playing Ghost and my ping to the dedi was 30 - 40 ms ping. When I would encounter any opponent my ping would skyrocket from 400 to 800. Would anybody know what is causing this issue, it's like I don't have control of the controller, almost like I'm fighting to aim. My node was finally split last Friday and I'm getting the bandwidth I'm paying for now, but the lag is unbearable, meaning I can put a whole clip into an opponent and they just continue to run for me and can knife me from 10 feet away. I have a gaming monitor (Asus MX279), and I'm hardwired to the Xbox one. I'm so sick of this crap, I'm about to sell all my shit!

The Seattle dedicated server has been nothing but a nightmare for AW players and I have seen very similar performance (I mean LACK THERE OF) now that Black Ops 2 has moved to the dedi's in preparation for launch.

I happen to live a stone's throw from the Seattle gear, so I ALWAYS get put on that shit.  I can honestly say I FEEL your pain brother!   :angry:

During the Beta I was able to put my home location over Kansas, just the state, and almost "force" connection to the dedicated box there, but it was sporadic.  Sometimes I would be there for a couple of games, and on others it would take forever to get into a game.

There is a poster here named procreate and he plays a lot of Ghosts.  He might have some pointers for you and he is usually here nightly.

Outside of that, as ltr7 suggested, try moving your home location further East, and keep 'STRICT' mode ticked and Ping Assist all the way at "0" - effectively nullifying it's ability, but it forces you to connect JUST inside the radius of your Geo Filter.

Outside of that, I would say make a point of RATING any P2P server you play on, good or bad.  Building up your library of "acceptable" hosts will increase your chances of getting a better host lobby.

Good luck!

i wish multiplayer games were all the same, for some it is great all the time, and for others every other game, like me. ive almost read evrything there is about lag, trying to learn where it comes from. you might see if your isp has you on a inferior server,.try "namebench" it hunts for the best one for you. you can switch "dns servers" yourself, i used it, but my own is the best one already. othere have tried it and found way better connections and speed.

JD hit the nail on the head,move your home location and make sure that dedi isn't in your GF.And start building up some good P2P hosts but it's still a crap shoot with AW.I would try some older titles as they seem to work well with the duma.

Archived