Troubles with my Down speeds.

postal1982

So I just recently got  150 mbs upgrade from my old 50 mbs. I do not get above 90ish mbs down. I can hard line the modem straight to my computer and get about 150-160 mbs down.

I have done the following changes to the R1

Updated up/down speed in the Congestion control

Put the algorithm to reactive

disabled deep packet processing.

I disabled the IPV6 as the Wiki instructed.  I didn't notice a difference so I turned it back on.

This link may be of assistance.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=setup_gt_120

Thanks but I have done all of these steps. I went through the list again just now and still will not budge over mid 90s mbs. I again plugged it directly to my Computer and pulled 163 mbs. Is my modem a faulty modem not being able to push past 90mbs?

I had the congestion control set to 100% and was still getting 90s.  BUT when I hit reset device prioritization I then got 121mbs. I am happy this works  but not sure why it did work. I had things like my printer and chrome cast set to a lower priority and that was it. Not sure how having a couple dievices set to lower priority would effect the speed on my computer. I have share excess checked. 

• Administrators

I had the congestion control set to 100% and was still getting 90s.  BUT when I hit reset device prioritization I then got 121mbs. I am happy this works  but not sure why it did work. I had things like my printer and chrome cast set to a lower priority and that was it. Not sure how having a couple dievices set to lower priority would effect the speed on my computer. I have share excess checked. 

Great news!

Its good just to clear it to ensure nothing else is using too much bandwidth when trying to do a speed test

I hit the reset device prioritization and hit the cloud settings before every gaming session just to make sure everything is as it should be,plus it flushes the cloud.

Archived