Speed Drop

It may be a network issue or PS4 issue. Have you tested with your old setup when the speeds were at 1mbps? What are your download and upload speeds normally?

To ensure everything is ok on the Netduma, on the congestion control page:

- set your download and upload bandwidth (button at top of congestion control page)

- ensure download and upload sliders are at 100%

- reset distribution if you have made any changes (button below the pie chart)

- make sure 'share excess' button is ticked.

Then run speed test again and let us know how you are getting on.

Yeah i looked at previous posts and did everything that was said to do and the outcome was not good. When connected to my router modem my download speeds are in the 40 mbps and upload of 5 mbps. I then connected to the netduma and my download speed was 800 kbps and 800 kbps of upload speed. Earlier today my max download speed was 10 mbps with 2 mbps upload speed. I do not know why it will not get any speed near what my router modem is getting

Guest Netduma Fraser

Yeah i looked at previous posts and did everything that was said to do and the outcome was not good. When connected to my router modem my download speeds are in the 40 mbps and upload of 5 mbps. I then connected to the netduma and my download speed was 800 kbps and 800 kbps of upload speed. Earlier today my max download speed was 10 mbps with 2 mbps upload speed. I do not know why it will not get any speed near what my router modem is getting

Can you try turning off the R1. Turn off the modem, wait about 30 seconds and turn it on. Then put the R1 on. Make sure youre doing the test from a wired device to the R1. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi TechnoTigre ps notoriously have slow tests. Lets just confirm its working, can you connect a PC using ethernet. See your anti-flood to 100% and click Reset Distribution then try a speedtest.net test please

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok great, yeah don't worry it always shows a low result. Other people have noticed that. If you can please game using wired. It will make a big difference, not because of bandwidth because to be quite frank games barely use anything. Its more to do with interference, you will have a much better time on wired. 

It seems nobody every gets an accurate reading thru their console's,PS4 or XBOX.I read it has something to do with it going thru the PSN network to test and depending on how congested that is,it can really shock you when you see the speed results.I've got 65 /5 and it's never been higher than 25 / 4 don't worry you'll be fine.Enjoy your duma

Guest Netduma Fraser

It seems nobody every gets an accurate reading thru their console's,PS4 or XBOX.I read it has something to do with it going thru the PSN network to test and depending on how congested that is,it can really shock you when you see the speed results.I've got 65 /5 and it's never been higher than 25 / 4 don't worry you'll be fine.Enjoy your duma

Yes I think thats correct, i always ping high when doing a console speed test. 

• 4 weeks later...

Although I am still testing.
At the moment, thru my TP-LINK [Archer C7] I get 125mbps down.
Plug in my R1 and I get 35-40mbps down with the congestion filter at 100% going to my PC.
Will continue to figure things out and keep messing with settings.

It might be worth unticking deep packet processing and see how that goes , yes you are using pc and this is an added feature for pc's but try it.

I would try a reboot of the duma after doing so.

:)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Cheers Zennon,

Also don't forget to disable IPV6 in "Settings > LAN" & "Settings > WAN". Then disable IPv6 linklocal in "Settings > Misc" that should get your speeds up :)

Archived