Qos question.

Hey guys im sorry I think I have asked about this before but I forgot what the answer was. So basically we all know that our setup is made up of the netduma and an ISP hub/router. I have in my case an isp provided modem/router. My question is, does my qos setting in my isp hub need to be on? Or will the net duma do it all for me? I would think that it needs to be on because all traffic goes from my net duma through my isp hub.

And also, my qos setting gives me three options:

QOS state: and it allows me to prioritize either upstream, downstream, or both directions. My isp hub also allows me to set the "qos direction" whatever that means to either upstream or downstream. Does anybody out there know what settings need to be on? 

And if you are curious my isp hub is a Zyxel PK5001Z.

thank you all SO MUCH for your time, I really truly appreciate it.

Hey guys im sorry I think I have asked about this before but I forgot what the answer was.

Did you try using the 'Search' feature ? If you already asked the same question it should still be there. You can also view your past posts in your profile.

I would think that it needs to be on because all traffic goes from my net duma through my isp hub.

No, all traffic comes from your ISP cable which connects to their modem or modem/router then processed through your Netduma.

I would leave the ISP QoS disabled as the R1 has its own QoS, one of the many features you paid for that destroys other routers :)

Yebs i Agree with the Yam Yam.

If you setup is your ISP router/modem set to bridge DMZ etc. and then you netduma and the the rest of the devices are connected to netDUMA both wire and wireless then defentially disable the QoS and just use the NetDUMA one.

Archived