Rainbow 6 Beta - Your findings with the R1!

Netduma Fraser

• Administrators

Hey guys, I know the beta drops in a couple of days but I know some have managed to get their hands on it a bit early, so how are you finding it?

Does it show hosts on the Geo-filter? 

Does it show hosts being blocked? 

Can you filter hosts? 

If so, can you filter without being kicked? 

If you do get kicked, does strict off prevent this?

Is there anything getting blocked which you think may be a dedicated server or something that needs to be whitelisted?

I believe its mostly dedicated servers, can you accurately filter so you get on different dedicated servers?

At the moment the people who are playing are stress testing the system before the beta goes live on the 24th.

My findings so far are as follows.

Does it show hosts on the Geo-filter?  Yes it does show hosts

Does it show hosts being blocked? Yes it does show hosts being blocked

Can you filter hosts? At the moment if you try to filter hosts you get disconnected from the servers, Nor sure if others are having this issue as they may have the UBIsoft server in their catchment area.

If so, can you filter without being kicked? See above.

If you do get kicked, does strict off prevent this? See above

Is there anything getting blocked which you think may be a dedicated server or something that needs to be whitelisted? I have not seen anything yet.

I believe its mostly dedicated servers, can you accurately filter so you get on different dedicated servers? This is a bit confusing at the moment as The main server seems to be East Mid USA just below New York and left a bit.

If I filter that out I get disconnected from server till I turn off the geo filter.

With the filter on The R1 map shows me connecting to possible hosts all over Europe and last night it kept connecting me to what appeared to be a dedicated server in Portugal??????

Pings were around the 50ms mark.

I can confirm that there is a vote to kick option, mute and see player profile.

The game play itself is going to take a bit of getting used to and I was afraid that you would need a full team of friends for it to be enjoyable but after an hour or so of game play this did not seem to be the case.

I actually enjoyed this waaaaaay more than the blops 2 beta.

But that is just my opinion and we know what opinions are like!

:)

• 2 months later...

FIrst image is sitting in main menu doing nothing.

attachicon.gifaf6af39b3e73d28f68b367039b70c0cc.png

Second image is trying to find matches.

attachicon.gif868ad725444f9e2dcdaa5b6795812d5b.png

Third image is in the match playing the game.

attachicon.gif95b44f9bbe99631cb40ea0fbe295ca8e.png

Is that playing terrorist hunt or 5 v 5 PvP?? So i hear, the terrorist hunt is P2P where the PVP is dedi, don't know if anyone can confirm/deny that?? When i first start looking for a PVP match it finds that East US server before it does anything else. Once it has connected to that it then opens up to closer hosts in Europe. If you have your GeoFilter on and the US server is not within the set range you cannot connect to the game at all. This is what i am experiencing anyway, is there anyone more technically minded (pretty much all of you) that can explain how this games server infrastructure is set up?? With me being in the middle east i am getting a pretty shitty ping of around 170 which, to be fair, is not too bad considering the distance. 

Edit: As you have probably gathered, i am playing a retail launch version of the game (on PS4). 

• Administrators

Is that playing terrorist hunt or 5 v 5 PvP?? So i hear, the terrorist hunt is P2P where the PVP is dedi, don't know if anyone can confirm/deny that?? When i first start looking for a PVP match it finds that East US server before it does anything else. Once it has connected to that it then opens up to closer hosts in Europe. If you have your GeoFilter on and the US server is not within the set range you cannot connect to the game at all. This is what i am experiencing anyway, is there anyone more technically minded (pretty much all of you) that can explain how this games server infrastructure is set up?? With me being in the middle east i am getting a pretty shitty ping of around 170 which, to be fair, is not too bad considering the distance. 

Edit: As you have probably gathered, i am playing a retail launch version of the game (on PS4). 

Sounds like that US one may need to be whitelisted. Could you provide the ID so I can check it out? I will play the game over Christmas and see if we can support it :) 

Archived