Xbox one, instant party disconnect when geo is enabled.

Im having a lot of bother when im in a party with friends on xbox one and i try a geo search, as soon as i search im instantly disconnected from the xbox live party and everybody in it.  I have all the party members added as allowed hosts etc. Currently, theres 4 of us including myself, i have 100% added all members, yet the second i enable the geo filter (with a wide range on the distance filter) im instantly kicked from the party and it takes a brave bit of time to reconnect.

When in a party theres a red circular host in the US which im assuming is where the xbox servers are located, i have added them to the allow list yet the disconnections from parties still happen, its really frustrating.  Theres 3 people from northern ireland and 1 from the uk, i cover this area via the geo filter yet the party disconnections still happen.

The game its happening on is destiny, the only thing i have ticked is peer ping and ping assist is on zero.  I have followed the wiki destiny guide.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on the disconnections? im not sure what else to try?

Thanks in advance

hmmm you dont happen to be teapot yo right?

for me this sounds like theres an issue with the whitelist you use for servers, though partys are from my experience P2P

what happens when someone else is the chat party host?

hmmm you dont happen to be teapot yo right?

for me this sounds like theres an issue with the whitelist you use for servers, though partys are from my experience P2P

what happens when someone else is the chat party host?

The only connections in the allowed list is my friends.

Can you try re-booting the router.

I'll give that a try, not sure if I'll have a chance to get on an test it again with my friends as I'm kinda busy today :(

Have you asked them if their NAT is open?

Reselecting auto cloud, bleeding cloud and re applying can help and like Crossy suggest's then do a reboot.

Yes, nat is fully open, I re applied the cloud settings a few times last night but never rebooted. I'll give this a try.

I'll give this another try and report back.

As always, I appreciate the help guys, thanks.

Archived