Speeds seem blocked

I just upgraded my internet to a 150 down and 10 up, which works fine, unless I plug in the Netduma. While on the ISP provided modem/router I'm getting exactly what I should, but when I plug in the Netduma, it's capping me at 50 down consistently, but allows the upload to go to 10. Am I missing a firewall here or something, because I have to admit I'm stumped.

• Netduma Staff

Yeah, I understand. Are you doing the test on a wired PC? Does your PC have a gigabit ethernet port? Can you make sure you are doing the test on http://speedtest.net- if you are already doing that can you change the server that you are doing the test to :)

If that doesn't fix it, then it might be best to wait a couple of weeks until the next update is out as that will make sure the Netduma is not the bottle neck.

Yeah, I would never run a speed test on wifi. I did all those things you suggest, and it sucks this router can't handle my download speed. I'll take you on your word about the update Crossy, as you've never steered me wrong in the past 

yah I have a thread on the same issue

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/7619-problems-with-my-netduma-update-partial-fix/

I made every change suggested and still I'm being bottle necked somehow.

I pay for 150 down / 20 up. Currently getting 90ish max Down and the up is always perfect. :(

Yes guy the next update will handle up to 900mb, in the mean time a 1mb line can be as fast as a 150mb line just the 150mb line has a wider band for the info to flow so more gets there but in the same time as the 1mb line (ping)

So do not worry that is affecting your gaming in anyway because it is a more narrow band for the time being.

• Administrators

I posted in xolhids thread this which you could try: Heres a few things I would suggest, are you using the red cat6 we provided to connect the R1 to your modem? If not/if so, have you got another cable you could test with. Just before you're about to do a speed test, lower the anti-flood caps then put them back to 100% then also click reset distribution on device prioritisation. Then do wired speed tests on multiple different servers as some can give lower speeds than normal.  

The update that will come out soon will cover your speeds more than enough :)

Archived