Why does my Duma work better with Xbox then ps4

Trolling_Farm

When I connect on Xbox my nat is open, but with my ps4 it has always been strict. I haven't seen a difference with my nat on strict. I know my pfsense box has a play it in.

It's just weird because all the settings are the same and it should be plug in and play. Did the testing on the Duma start with Xbox or ps4?

My guess is Xbox.

Mine is open for both PC and PS4.
Do note that some Modems act as routers as well and that you will have to put it to Bridged Mode before connecting the Netduma or else the firewall on the Modem's router mode will still block some traffic causing you to get a Moderate or Strict NAT.

My Netduma is behind an Asus router that has set a Static IP address for the Netduma and also gave it DMZ mode.
So I can actually see the results of the Netduma's UPNP actually working from there.

A proper setup in this case will be
Modem (set to Bridged Mode) --> Asus Router(router mode for whole family to utilise 1Gbps speeds. Set Static IP and DMZ mode for R1) --> Netduma R1 (specifically used for gaming with its various features)

Guess your network setup sucks.  :lol:

Basically, my point is since the modem is in Bridged Mode and my Asus router gave the Netduma DMZ mode, what is left is how the Netduma's UPNP is allowing certain ports to be opened. 
So I stress my point; The UPNP works. Since after it passes through the Netduma, there are no more obstacles blocking its way to the internet and thus, it is the most effective way of telling whether the Netduma's UPNP really does work.

Since I have basically eliminated any other sources that might be the cause so we can focus on just the Netduma's UPNP feature alone. So I would say that my setup allows me to test any features of the Netduma for you so that I can help you figure out that there may be something else in your network setup other than the Netduma that could have been the cause. Wouldn't you agree?

But if you want to know about what the Netduma started on, that will be yes, on the XBOX with Halo.
You can read their story more here.

Guess your network setup sucks.  :lol:

No PS4, Xbox, PC or anybody else to blame here but yourself.  ;)

Basically, my point is since the modem is in Bridged Mode and my Asus router gave the Netduma DMZ mode, what is left is how the Netduma's UPNP is allowing certain ports to be opened. 

So I stress my point; The UPNP works. Since after it passes through the Netduma, there are no more obstacles blocking its way to the internet and thus, it is the most effective way of telling whether the Netduma's UPNP really does work.

Since I have basically eliminated any other sources that might be the cause so we can focus on just the Netduma's UPNP feature alone. So I would say that my setup allows me to test any features of the Netduma for you so that I can help you figure out that there may be something else in your network setup other than the Netduma that could have been the cause. Wouldn't you agree?

Dude you must me dumb, my question is not about UPNP or DMZ. I am asking why does the NETDUMA router play better with the xbox network then the PSN NETWORK. Why don't you look up pfsense and configure that into your network instead of your ASUS router that you don't do shit to setup. YOUR A NOOB with your basic click on and off features.

And your BRIDGEMODE information is just... JUST AS DUMB AS CROSSY, thumbs up this      . How about some useful information?

AGAIN I know my pfsense box has a play in it since it's a massive FIREWALL box. How about next time you replay to a post you ask them what there network setup is like. I don't have my Netduma connected straight after the modem.

Mine is

ISP-pfSense-Switch-

connected to the switch is 3 AP and my duma. Just because I have UPNP TURNED on in my netduma does not mean it will do everything if I have a FIREWALL in front of all that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PfSense

I know how to configure my network that is a lot more advance then yours.

You can talk about UPNP all you want and how it lets you do this and that. But if you did read my first post about my pfsense box then you would understand that UPNP is not my issue. NEXT!

So you're telling me you eliminated my pfsense box? Again your information is useless and not needed.

I was even trying to be polite and saying thanks for the information, but to be honest WTF at this point go fuck yourself. Tell me my network sucks, fuck you.

How do I ask a question and it turns into something else?

You don't have to be all offensive. And there is nothing dumb about Bridged Mode. It basically bypassses the Modem's features altogether and lets you go straight to the internet.
But based on what you are experiencing, I think I am in nowhere at the wrong.
You went through the trouble of using PFsense and more with your more 'advanced' setup but what did it get you? A sucky experience on the PS4 and immediately you blame it not on the PSN network that might be the potential cause or even your own setup but on the Netduma router?

I think having a point and click that actually does what it is supposed to is WAY better than your 'advanced' setup that is causing you this headache that you are currently having now. Hahaha.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help then.

You might be old and experienced. But your words shows immaturity and stubbornness.

Sometimes, simple is better.  :) 

Btw, didn't I answer your question? Clearly the Netduma's testing were based on Halo games on the XBOX in the beginning.

You don't have to be all offensive. And there is nothing dumb about Bridged Mode. It basically bypassses the Modem's features altogether and lets you go straight to the internet.

But based on what you are experiencing, I think I am in nowhere at the wrong.

You went through the trouble of using PFsense and more with your more 'advanced' setup but what did it get you? A sucky experience on the PS4 and immediately you blame it not on the PSN network that might be the potential cause or even your own setup but on the Netduma router?

I think having a point and click that actually does what it is supposed to is WAY better than your 'advanced' setup that is causing you this headache that you are currently having now. Hahaha.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help then.

You might be old and experienced. But your words shows immaturity and stubbornness.

Sometimes, simple is better.  :) 

Btw, didn't I answer your question? Clearly the Netduma's testing were based on Halo games on the XBOX in the beginning.

Lol who said anything about a sucky experience? I clearly said I have never noticed a problem. Looks like you still can't read. HAHA and why would I get offensive because you said my network sucks.. hmm

Clearly I was asking why does the netduma play better with my xbox then my ps4. So yes all the information you gave was USELESS.

Trouble with what using pfsense? No trouble at all, I like more control of my NETWORK. Unlike you with your click on and off features, how about you do some actual networking and learn something.

Dude you must be dumb, when DID I blame it on the PSN network? AGAIN I said my pfsense box is the reason why "in my first POST"

Yeah I read that Halo blog. Xbox and PSN are two different networks and use DIFFERENT protocols. In the end yes they are similar but different.

So is it possible that the netduma could work better with xbox then psn?

Your words show you can't read, and your information is useless on this thread.

If you are going to try and flame me come correct. Everything you are trying to say I said in my first post.

I have not noticed a difference in game play, I know my pfsense box has a role in my psn strict nat. Netduma started on Xbox with halo. These are facts that I have gotten from this thread.

Information not usefull in this thread.

UPNP

Bridgemode

AsNCo

Crossy and his thumbs up on garbage posts.

Dude you must be dumb, when DID I blame it on the PSN network? AGAIN I said my pfsense box is the reason why "in my first POST"

Please read my post properly. I didn't say you blame PSN network.

I saw your pfsense box now but I did not saw that before. But if you did not edited that in, then my apologies.

Btw, you can use the Netduma's Xbox Live PA on both the Xbox and PC but the PS4 has its own PSN PA.

What does that tell you? PS4 has it's own set of infrastructure different from the traditional PC gaming infrastructure that Xbox is also using.

The BO3 Beta on PC, even though there were probably less players, I was getting the same good games that I am getting on the PS4 with more players.

Honestly, I would say that it has definitely something to do with the Networking infrastructure of both the Xbox/PC and the PS4 that made the online experience different from one another. What do you think?

Just leave me alone and go get your post count somewhere else. I was hoping to get a response from someone who actually works with the netduma team who could answer. But in the end you get people like Crossy who can only thumbs up threads when the information is useless.

What is happening to these forums? O yeah they are dying breed.

& no I didnt edit my post to say that. I did edit my other post to take out a f u to be polite & to add a few other things.

So you are just an attention seeking whore. I see. You could have said that sooner and I won't even give a rat's ass about your thread earlier. Goodbye.

Btw, you can use the Netduma's Xbox Live PA on both the Xbox and PC but the PS4 has its own PSN PA.

What does that tell you? PS4 has it's own set of infrastructure different from the traditional PC gaming infrastructure that Xbox is also using.

The BO3 Beta on PC, even though there were probably less players, I was getting the same good games that I am getting on the PS4 with more players.

Honestly, I would say that it has definitely something to do with the Networking infrastructure of both the Xbox/PC and the PS4 that made the online experience different from one another. What do you think?

I just gotta say before I leave these forums for a bit. Thank you for posting a useful post to this thread, thats all I was asking. Does the netduma play better with the PSN or XBOX LIVE. Yes the networks are different, I dont know shit about the two the netduma do. Maybe this update will change things in the dumas network engine.

I think it likes Xbox more.

Sometimes I say things i shouldnt. I would like to delete my own post sometimes, after I thought about what I said to someone. But it wont let me.

• Administrators

Please be respectful Trolling, you have asked a question, people have tried to help you and answer it, they did not have to do that and will definitely not help you in the future if you are being offensive to them. 

What is the NAT type saying on your actual PS4, NAT Type 3? Or is this just on CoD itself where it is saying strict?

NOTE: This thread is why I put Trolling_Farm on Ignore ;)

As most of us have,again I ask why is this guy still here,he's a cancer to the forum.And if the forum's are going downhill (which they aren't) it would be because of people like him.

He's a troll,yeah we get it but like I've said before if your gonna be a troll,at least be better at it than a 6 year old.

Let's be straight up here,you bash Crossy cuz he's Admin and you are not.I remember when you asked for Admin,yes we all laughed.You have no reason to continually take shots at Crossy,other than the fact that he's 15 and IMO you're threatened by that.He's a smart kid and goes above and beyond to help anyone here,including you.

But it was nice of you to start a thread about "needing US mods",it's to bad you weren't chosen thou,maybe next time... ;)

You have an issue with everyone here,and if you got a problem with everyone maybe the problem isn't everyone else,maybe the problem is you.

You ask questions and people offer solutions and you just try to belittle them and their replies,in typical troll fashion.But again why ask questions if all your gonna do is slam people for their effort,oh that's right you're a troll and that's what trolls do.

I'll assume you got bullied when you were younger or still are and like to talk trash behind the security of your computer.Don't be mad because you were the last one picked for sports in school,even behind the girls.You're really quick to lash out and degrade people and try to show "how intelligent you are" sure sign of low self esteem but I just want you to know your in a safe place here,don't be scared little fella no need to be an ass to people trying to help,but again that's what trolls do... :D

Archived