BO3 beta on servers or P2P

Guateuc

So lucky! I've yet to get P2P.

I've been constantly getting Dedicated servers in Japan or Australia. Man.. The disadvantage I'm getting... :(

But the lag compensation is a bit better if I play with players who are not from the same country as the dedicated server though.

I found some new servers but they were marked in a host colour instead of server colour.

Must be new. So I must report this.

does anyone know any software for getting server locations/detailed stats

I think this is not a feature on the Netduma and it is instead displayed as an ID in the first place is to prevent potential abuse.

Imagine if a hacker knows that the Netduma can show the IP addresses of who they connect to. Then they can do something similar to what happened on the Xbox 360 of Black Ops 2 whereby players playing League Play will get DDOS-ed out of the game while the hacker wins the game because the hacker can see all the IP addresses and kick the enemy team out of the game.

Or if they know the detailed information of where the server/host is, then they can do the SWAT-ing incidents which we see on Twitch.

That is enough reason for such a feature to be changed to ID displays instead.

But as for me, I have a bit of an IT networking background. So yes, I do actually know the IP addresses of who I'm directly connecting too. But I do use it responsibly and more for helping my ISP get feedbacks from me so they can optimize their routes to game servers.

But if you just want to know a rough location of where a game server is, the easiest way will be to compare the yellow/white circles that appear on the Netduma's map to Google maps.

Maybe it can help you make a decision to move to a new city. Sometimes, different ISPs makes a huge difference because of the more optimised routes that they take to reach a server too.

If you want to see all the servers, you can just open your Geo-filter page first and then launch the game. The initial connection to the Matchmaking Server will also make you see all the Dedicated Servers in the world.

Maybe this Drift0r's video can explain more or let you see the detailed map of all the servers in the world for BO3.

Me from Singapore also. But my Netduma showing the dedicated server as red instead of white or yellow. Is it normal? And I found if I on the Geo-filter is very hard to find game on BO3 Beta or Advanced Warfare. Is that means in Southeast Asia very less COD Player?

• Netduma Staff

Me from Singapore also. But my Netduma showing the dedicated server as red instead of white or yellow. Is it normal? And I found if I on the Geo-filter is very hard to find game on BO3 Beta or Advanced Warfare. Is that means in Southeast Asia very less COD Player?

It is normal for them to show as red for you :) They only show as white or yellow for people with admin mode.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks Crossy. Very hard to find game in advanced warfare or Bo3. Is that means very less player in my Geo-filter area? Should I increase the Geo-filter filter distance or ping assist?

Have a look on your GeoFilter and see where the padlocks/blocked players are :) Then expand it ore move your home location to include the closest of those.

Okay, thanks will go back and try☺. But only worry will it affect my ping level , because I try before out of my Geo-filter the closest host the ping is more than 100ms.

Yup. Having the same problem as you bro. 100+ms ping all day. Haha.

Stuck either between Japan or Australian servers that's why.

Btw, the game is still in Beta so even I have some coloured hosts as well though they are actually Dedicated Servers most of the time. I've reported it to the Netduma team so they should be able to update it accordingly soon so we can see exactly what we're on.

What's your PSN btw? Let's play some BO3 Beta together soon before it ends.

Archived