DMZ?

UkPauly

Hi guys. I used to use a modem on which I opened up the DMZ and set a static IP address on the ps4. This gave me an open NAT.

Today, however, I set up the NetDuma so am not using the DMZ.

I am in a clan and I was unable to join a friend of mine in Party chat from the USA due to NAT issues. He also has a NetDuma.

I have opened up the geo filter to the max and also ticked the ps4 on the VPN settings. (This resulted in the NAT going from Strict to Moderate)......but I still cannot join his chat party.

I have updated to the latest software.

When we were in a lobby together I couldn't see him on the map.

Any solutions would be welcome.

Thanks so much!!

Pauly

Here is a step by step guide how to opti

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netduma

You will probobly need to setup your netduma LAN in to Dmz as well its there in that link but here is also a gow to do just that guide.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=how_do_i_open_my_nat

• Administrators

Ok. I have sorted that out by connecting through Ethernet and changing wifi password. But the NetDuma is not connecting to the Internet.

If you go to the device manager do you see a WAN IP? 

If you can't see this go to Settings > WAN and make sure static is disabled. Then turn off the R1 and turn off your ISP hub. Wait 10 seconds then turn on your ISP hub. Wait 30 seconds then turn on the R1.

OK sorry guys. My isp modem was falsely showing an internet connection. The internet is out for the whole town after a storm last night. Once it's back on I'll retry with the NetDuma. Until then I'll patiently twiddle my thumbs while all my friends play the new BO3 Beta. Thanks for your help. I'll update asap.

Archived