Host Migration and other new postings

Macca65

I was playing AW tonight, well 10 mins ago, when a banner came up saying Lobby Closed. I have never seen that before. And shortly after on joining a new game the game stopped and Host Migration came up 100% blocks sent awaiting new host.

Needless to say the game did not restart, so what's going on.....

Anyone else had any spooky occurancies

You could try disabling the GeoFilter once you're in the game so you don't get kicked out :)

No, that's not the problem I was just curious if anyone else has had seen "lobby closed" or " host migration" never seen that in AW

Yesterday i also got the 'host migration' in big white letters on my screen.

Game did not restart.. had to restart advanced warfare.

Yeah that's what exactly happened to me

I wonder what there doing,or what they maybe have done to the matchmaking/server.

How is the game playing for you? The hit detection isnt what it used to be for me.

I find it very inconsistent, one game plays ok, the next is awful

Okay, *grabs tinfoil hat*  Just a thought here...

August 19th is the start of the PS4 Beta for Blops 3.  After that, the XB1 drops.

They might be re-purposing some of those Dedi's to handle the Beta traffic as I suspect the player count to be MUCH higher for the Beta than for the 8th or 9th month of AW.

Just sayin....

I am in San Diego, California and it was happening all weekend.  I am playing with several friends throughout the US and Canada, so I had the geo filter disabled.

We had a lot of host migrations and were finally starting to get the full 15 second count downs at the beginning of the matches.  It does seem like it was more p2p than dedicated servers.

I think your right Dillinger. And it cant be the update,because its only happening the past couple of days.

Its sounds more than logical they are gonna use some extra servers for the beta.

Never thought of that possibility haha

I think your right Dillinger. And it cant be the update,because its only happening the past couple of days.

Its sounds more than logical they are gonna use some extra servers for the beta.

Never thought of that possibility haha

Ha ha, I wouldn't have either if it weren't for my current job.  I happen to work in software (nothing exciting) and we are in the process of re-arranging and upgrading our servers/some infrastructure due to a new release into the wild with tons of existing customers.  I read the OP's post and it was the first thing I thought of, so don't read too much into it (hence the tinfoil hat) ;) ...LOL

Yup there has been a lot of weird things going on with the game,more than usual anyway.It was really rough over the weekend and I only finish about half the games as I keep getting disconnected from the dedi,really weird.

Yup there has been a lot of weird things going on with the game,more than usual anyway.It was really rough over the weekend and I only finish about half the games as I keep getting disconnected from the dedi,really weird.

same here i had a handful of games return everybody to the lobby at the weekend, less than a minute into the match and they were all on dedis.

Archived