can't open my Nat type from moderate to open

Hi, just follow the wiki guide do all the fine tunning step. My current NAT type still moderate, sometimes even show strict. Previously router all the is moderate . I just add the PSN IP address to my current router's DMZ. It will show NAT type open. And I can find the game easily.

And another question is, how to set the Geo-filter will be better for the connection, ping and finding match easily? Because I am from Southeast Asia Singapore. Only Japan have dedicated server. I set the distance at 6000km, Ping assits at 50ms. But finding match slower and worst connection.

Please help to give some solutions. Thanks.

• Netduma Staff

Once the NAT issue is sorted it might be easier to find games but if not that can be sorted :)

So just to check, you out the WAN IP of the Netduma in the DMZ, not the LAN one (192.168.88.1). Also you've removed all port forwarding from the old router. Also make sure you've restarted the console and when you load the game, the GeoFilter is disabled.

But you said in another thread your router has Bridge mode, so I suggest just enabling that and then you save the trouble of having to do DMZ.

Hi, Crossy. Thanks for your fast reply. Just checked the WAN IP of the Netduma router is in my current router's DMZ. And already remove all the port forwarding from the current router, and disable the Geo-filter( show enable on the button). Still same not works, NAT type still moderate.

I not very sure my current router have bridge mode or not. Because the internet login account settings show under

connection type :

1)PPPoE

2)IPoE ( which is current selected)

3) Bridging

Connection Method:

1)Static

2)DHCP (which is current selected )

And seen must disconnect 1st, then select and connect again. I worry will be interference my current router connection.

Can help give some other solutions? Thanks

• Netduma Staff

The current router is Aztech FG7003GRC(Dual band Gigabit wireless AC modem)is provide by ISP. Can support up to 500mbps.

Ok, I can't find any info online about putting that into bridge mode :)

Do you have UPnP enabled in Settings >> UPnP and also in Settings >> Miscellaneous?

• Netduma Staff

Which means the WAN IP address of Netduma router show it on my current router's port forwarding list. So I confirm already enable both UPnP settings.

Ok. Can you go to Settings >> UPnP and take a screen shot of that page please. Also, have you set up any port forwarding on the Netduma? If you have can you remove it :)

Hi, Crossy. This morning I already try rebooting the Netduama and leaving the console off for 5 mins (no power to it) then plug it back. But seen to be same issues, NAT type still show moderate.

And another question is when I enable the Geo-filter to finding Match, The map never show host and player which I connected. Is it normal? or I never Filter any player?

Today is my offday, I hope can solve it enjoy the game as soon as posible. Thanks :) 

I had the same problem... my modem/router is ASUS DSL-N66U. To solved by doing the following:

For ASUS:

1) I disable UPNP in ASUS

2) I set up ASUS to give specific IP and always the same in netduma.(The IP as appears in netduma as WAN IP)

3) After that i open the ports needed in that specific IP(netduma) in ASUS

For netduma:

1) disable UPNP

2) Go to settings-->DHCP Lease and setup a specific IP that netduma will give to your console.

etc. from left to right in DHCP lease....

Mac address--> your console mac address

Name-->give a name to this device..etc PS3

Reserved-->tick the box reserved to exclude this IP from DHCP server of netduma because it has been reserved for specific device

Host Number-->the most important here you will write the IP you want to give netduma to your device

Caution: The IP that you write in 'Host Number' must be in DHCP range...so go to settings-->LAN-->DHCP ..and look in tab 'From' and 'To' 

Lets say that in 'From' says 192.168.88.150..

And in 'To' says 192.168.88.250...

The range is from 150-250

So if you write in 'Host number'  the number '200'..netduma will give always the IP 192.168.88.200 to your console.  :)

Now we must open the same ports in netduma for your console..

Go in settings-->Port Forward

In 'Rule Name'-->write a name for your rule

'Start Port'-->write your port you want to open

'End Port'-->write your port you want to open

caution if you want to open one port both in 'start port' and 'end port' you must write the same etc. 3074

if you want to open a range of ports etc 3074-3076..in 'start port' you must write 3074 and in 'end port' you must write 3076

'Protocol'--> choose the protocol you want for your ports

'IP Address'--> Now write here the number you write before in 'Host number' is the IP that netduma will open the ports for it.

At the end push 'Add rule'..

Continue just like that for every port you want to open..

Dont forget to push the button 'Apply' for settings to take affect.

...........................................................................................................

For console:

Go to 'Network settings' and set up a static ip. ...

In 'Internet connection settings'..set up manual the IP (write the IP that you write before in 'Host Number'

The steps to do this are:

Network Settings-->Internet connection settings-->Custom-->>wired Connection-->Manual Settings-->Speed and Duplex (check Auto-Detect)-->IP Adderss Setting (check Manual)-->In IP address write the IP you write before in 'Host Number'...in Subnet Mask write your subnet mask** 

In 'Default Router' write 192.168.88.1

In 'Primay DNS' write the WAN IP of netduma that you port forward before in your router

In 'Secondary DNS' write 0.0.0.0-->MTU (automatic or manual depending from you settings if you have change it in your router you must write it here and se it and in your netduma...the default is 1500.-->'Proxy Server' (Do Not Use)-->UPNP (Disable)-->Press X to save your settings and test it

**(if you dont know it in network settings set it to automatic to make it to connect automaticaly and look in connection status list and write somewhere everything you want to complete the procedure)**

If everything are done correctly your Nat Type will be OPEN.

PS. Sorry for my English ;)

I had the same problem... my modem/router is ASUS DSL-N66U. To solved by doing the following:

For ASUS:

1) I disable UPNP in ASUS

2) I set up ASUS to give specific IP and always the same in netduma.(The IP as appears in netduma as WAN IP)

3) After that i open the ports needed in that specific IP(netduma) in ASUS

For netduma:

1) disable UPNP

2) Go to settings-->DHCP Lease and setup a specific IP that netduma will give to your console.

etc. from left to right in DHCP lease....

Mac address--> your console mac address

Name-->give a name to this device..etc PS3

Reserved-->tick the box reserved to exclude this IP from DHCP server of netduma because it has been reserved for specific device

Host Number-->the most important here you will write the IP you want to give netduma to your device

Caution: The IP that you write in 'Host Number' must be in DHCP range...so go to settings-->LAN-->DHCP ..and look in tab 'From' and 'To'

Lets say that in 'From' says 192.168.88.150..

And in 'To' says 192.168.88.250...

The range is from 150-250

So if you write in 'Host number' the number '200'..netduma will give always the IP 192.168.88.200 to your console. :)

Now we must open the same ports in netduma for your console..

Go in settings-->Port Forward

In 'Rule Name'-->write a name for your rule

'Start Port'-->write your port you want to open

'End Port'-->write your port you want to open

caution if you want to open one port both in 'start port' and 'end port' you must write the same etc. 3074

if you want to open a range of ports etc 3074-3076..in 'start port' you must write 3074 and in 'end port' you must write 3076

'Protocol'--> choose the protocol you want for your ports

'IP Address'--> Now write here the number you write before in 'Host number' is the IP that netduma will open the ports for it.

At the end push 'Add rule'..

Continue just like that for every port you want to open..

Dont forget to push the button 'Apply' for settings to take affect.

...........................................................................................................

For console:

Go to 'Network settings' and set up a static ip. ...

In 'Internet connection settings'..set up manual the IP (write the IP that you write before in 'Host Number'

The steps to do this are:

Network Settings-->Internet connection settings-->Custom-->>wired Connection-->Manual Settings-->Speed and Duplex (check Auto-Detect)-->IP Adderss Setting (check Manual)-->In IP address write the IP you write before in 'Host Number'...in Subnet Mask write your subnet mask**

In 'Default Router' write 192.168.88.1

In 'Primay DNS' write the WAN IP of netduma that you port forward before in your router

In 'Secondary DNS' write 0.0.0.0-->MTU (automatic or manual depending from you settings if you have change it in your router you must write it here and se it and in your netduma...the default is 1500.-->'Proxy Server' (Do Not Use)-->UPNP (Disable)-->Press X to save your settings and test it

**(if you dont know it in network settings set it to automatic to make it to connect automaticaly and look in connection status list and write somewhere everything you want to complete the procedure)**

If everything are done correctly your Nat Type will be OPEN.

PS. Sorry for my English ;)

Nice info Knomax.

Hi, Knomax. Thanks for your efforts and suggestions. You should be IT professional. If I follow your step, I think haven't finished the step to set up. I already interference all my default internet connection. Because I quick dumb on IT things. I hope Netduma have some easier solution. Because play games should be relax and easier. I don't want make me so stressful. I already almost 2 night sleep at 3-4am in the morning to set up Netduma router.

So, Fraser. Do you have some other easier solution?

• Netduma Staff

Hi, Knomax. Thanks for your efforts and suggestions. You should be IT professional. If I follow your step, I think haven't finished the step to set up. I already interference all my default internet connection. Because I quick dumb on IT things. I hope Netduma have some easier solution. Because play games should be relax and easier. I don't want make me so stressful. I already almost 2 night sleep at 3-4am in the morning to set up Netduma router.

So, Fraser. Do you have some other easier solution?

Can you take a screen shot of your GeoFilter. Maybe you have it set up incorrectly and it is blocking the NAT servers :)

Hi, Crossy. Fraser already help me solved the Nat type to open. Thank you so much both of you for the helping. :)

Do you have any suggestion on how to set ping assist and filter distance?

I set 50ms Ping is it too high? I seen to be very hard to find a good game.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, Crossy. Fraser already help me solved the Nat type to open. Thank you so much both of you for the helping. :)

Do you have any suggestion on how to set ping assist and filter distance?

I set 50ms Ping is it too high? I seen to be very hard to find a good game.

Thats great news Derick :) I's be interested to know what he did ;)

It is best to set filter distance by making the GeoFilter really small and then pressing the snap button two times to enlarge it. For the ping assist, can you run an internet diagnostics from the Netduma and post a screen shot of the detailed results. That we it will be easier to see what is best for you.

• Administrators

I've let Crossy know what I did to fix it already but I'll post it here in case anyone has this issue again:

On the ISP hub, double checked R1 was in DMZ, removed any port forwarding, disabled UPnP, hard turn off PS4. Restart the ISP hub. I said if that didn’t work to do a power cycle - Power off both your hub and your Netduma. Now connect port 1 of the Duma into any other port on the other hub. Power up the hub and after a minute, power up the Netduma.

Archived