Squatting last night...

fuzzy clam

...first set is 700 pounds...317 kg straps down.

700.mov

Second set is 800 pounds...362 kg straps up

800.mov

And the third is 875...396 kg straps up

875.mov

The meet is October 31,in Columbus Ohio and the last chance to qualify for the Arnold Classic next year.

Thanks boy's i'm trying to get back to where I was pre broken neck,but it's not going as quickly as I'd like it too.

I'm gonna move this thread into the off topic section,Crossy has been helping me most of the day figuring out the best way to go about doing it.Everything I tried didn't work so I emailed the vids to Crossy and he uploaded them for me.That's why there in here I wrote the words and then Crossy put the vids up,again Crossy thanks.

Jeeez! That's more than 62 stone man - reckon I'd pop a bollock trying to lift just one end of that bar!

The forces at play in your lower back and neck must be absolutely huge.   

What does straps up/down mean?

Good luck on the way back to Comps fuz...  Slow and steady wins the race.  

@ BENORMOUS thanks and actually it's very little quad's involved in a powerlifting style squat.If I tried to quad squat that,I'd tear my quads off at the bone.We use all posterior chain (hips,glutes,hamstrings and a little low back) and we sit back not down which is the difference between quad squatting (bodybuilder style) and powerlifting style.

@ Dirty Dog...straps down,in the first vid you'll notice I have some extra material hanging around my waist level those are big velcro straps that when up go over my shoulders on my heavier sets.They make the suit even tighter which is crazy cuz you already feel like your head is gonna blow off.I'm a bleeder which is why I had it filmed from the angle it was filmed from,that and I like to make sure I'm in the whole.But on the last 2 sets there was blood gushing out of my nose due to the pressure of the suit and the weight.But figured everyone might not be into that sort of thing so it's better not to vid from head on as it's scary to a lot of people.I've even bled out of my ears before on my 1030 squat,not real pretty... :D

• Administrators

Anyone else read the thread title and expect to hear a story of Fuzzy being kicked out of his home and sleeping on some cardboard box in an uninhabited house?

No? Just me then....

OT: You are a machine.

Archived