AW Connection - need help

chrisbeatty316

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Chris,

Sure we're here to help. Our you on version 1.02.6? Also based on your bio you're from Ohio. People have been experiencing issues in certain parts of US in the last couple of days. Xbox Live has been showing issues.

But lets see if its a local issue first. Can you take a screenshot of your geo-filter for me please? 

I'm at work right now, and probably won't be back on the games until later this week. Grandmother in bad health and going to be out of town with her until Thurs. I'll let you know then. 

I was connecting alot to host in New York area that were always around a 60ms ping and seemed to have horrible connection. Also noticed doesn't seem like very many are playing AW took forever to find a lobby and MW3 was connecting with now issues at all, instantly finding games.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother, I wish her a speedy recovery. The issue definitely seems to be in NY hopefully by the time you get back its resolved.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok it looks like you're on the oldest version 1.0.2. by the time you get back we will be on 1.02.7 I recommend you upgrade please :) 

I live in Michigan.......you know, the state that's above and better than yours :P  ;)  .  Anyway, this past weekend was a rough one for me as well.  Normally it plays better than it did the last few days.  With that said, AW still plays way more inconsistent than any other cod ever. I think it's more to do with the connections than the netcode (I believe the netcode leaves something to be desired as well).

All the netduma does is help assure YOU have a good connection to host.  The other 11-15 players could all have 400ms+ pings and the game will play like crap.  Until they base this game off of connections, it's not going to change much I'm afraid.  It sucks to because this is the most fun cod ever when connections are good.  I absolutely love it.  On the contrary, I have never raged harder than when you're behind everybody on the other team.  There is absolutely nothing you can do but leave and join a different game.

Sorry Shantz, but if I recall The Ohio State Buckeyes are National Champions, and the Team up North have nothing....just saying...anyways, thanks for the feedback, I will update the router when I get a chance, and hope the connections get better but I don't they will for AW.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok did you do that just now or before? Because after you upgrade you need to wait 4-8 hours for the first cloud migrations to happen. 

Sorry Shantz, but if I recall The Ohio State Buckeyes are National Champions, and the Team up North have nothing....just saying...anyways, thanks for the feedback, I will update the router when I get a chance, and hope the connections get better but I don't they will for AW.

Well deserved too.  I'm so sick of the national media running down the B1G.  With Harbaugh going to Michigan, hopefully the conference will become the powerhouse it once was.  If anything else, the distaste between Meyer, D'Antonio, and Harbaugh should make for some great rivalries and press conferences......lol.

I played a few rounds of MW3 a couple weeks back and I agree that game never played better than with the Netduma.  I just have a hard time going back to the old consoles not to mention the game feels so slooooooow after AW.

I have had the Netduma for about a week and have only used it on AW.  I am in North Carolina and set a radius from 500-1000 km typically.  Some of the games are fine but some seem worse than before.  It very well may be Xbox Live.  However, I have heard that some dedicated servers do exist (Seattle and Kansas), and maybe in other locations.  Is it possible that in some locations in the US, if the radius is too small the dedicated servers are being filtered out?  I may be way off but I just am wondering.

Is it possible that in some locations in the US, if the radius is too small the dedicated servers are being filtered out?  I may be way off but I just am wondering.

I don't believe so because several people (including myself) were part of a reporting a process several weeks back. If we got booted out of a lobby, we would report it. I believe this helped the netduma guys learn what the IP's were for the dedicated servers and they were accepted in the .6 patch.  However, when you select "strict mode", I think it blocks these IP's as well and will only accept the IP's inside your geofilter.  This is why you get the booting in and out of lobbies with "strict" selected.  It's trying to transfer you to a dedicated server outside your filter setting but it keeps getting blocked.

I could be totally wrong on this but I believe I'm on the right track.  I also think there are dedi's in the New York/Boston area.  There are dedi's somewhere in the central US (Kansas/Colorado area) and Seattle as well as you mentioned.

I don't believe so because several people (including myself) were part of a reporting a process several weeks back. If we got booted out of a lobby, we would report it. I believe this helped the netduma guys learn what the IP's were for the dedicated servers and they were accepted in the .6 patch.  However, when you select "strict mode", I think it blocks these IP's as well and will only accept the IP's inside your geofilter.  This is why you get the booting in and out of lobbies with "strict" selected.  It's trying to transfer you to a dedicated server outside your filter setting but it keeps getting blocked.

I could be totally wrong on this but I believe I'm on the right track.  I also think there are dedi's in the New York/Boston area.  There are dedi's somewhere in the central US (Kansas/Colorado area) and Seattle as well as you mentioned.

Good info.  I will try turning off the strict and see how that works.

Thanks,

Guest Netduma_Iain

I would recommend keeping strict on. However if you notce you're getting better games with it off please let me know. Many people are experiencing issues last couple of days. We're starting to think its not our end as people can't login or see their emblems and other game features. All the service statues are showing they're having issues. This has happened once before and it resolved itself in a couple of days. 

IlliniGeek if you're getting games between 500-1000km the connection should be great. It could be an issue with your ISP. We have a way to confirm that in .7 which we will release as soon as we get the green light from beta testers. Its hard atm because we can't tell if its service issues or problems with the beta. 

I'm in NYC and have never come across a dedi in NY or mass. Closest one that I get maybe 15%of the time is in DC. The rest is Washington state and Illinois I seem to get the majority of the time.

I'm in NYC and have never come across a dedi in NY or mass. Closest one that I get maybe 15%of the time is in DC. The rest is Washington state and Illinois I seem to get the majority of the time.

Do you run in strict mode with a wider radius or with strict mode off?

How do you know if you are connected to a dedi server, sorry maybe im being silly but id really like to know.  I find advanced warfare really really inconsistent connection wise and would like to know if its when im on P2P or dedi's.

I think it's guess work.  I assumed I was on a dedi when it showed to be 1500-2000 km away and I got a steady 40 ms ping. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'd recommend using strict mode on and just increasing your distance(or using the snap button) if you're getting booted.

In .6 you can't see dedicated servers at all, in .7 you can see them but they are not differentiated from other players. The only way to tell is you can't block them(in .7). 

Archived