AW Connection - need help

chrisbeatty316

so in .6 if i cant see a large circle on host selection then that means im on a dedi server?  In theory if I block everything else then id automatically get a dedicated server?

Could be frowned upon but id do anyting to get consistent connections on Advanced warfare.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I would highly recommend you don't block everything. Most players have a good host its rare when it doesn't. If I were you I'd give each host a legitmate rating of what I thought it was e.g. that was 20/100, that was 50/100, etc 

Then you can move your curtains depending on your mood.

I'm in NYC and have never come across a dedi in NY or mass. Closest one that I get maybe 15%of the time is in DC. The rest is Washington state and Illinois I seem to get the majority of the time.

That's really odd. I'd say at least 60% of my games are hosted in the NYC/Boston area if they are under my geofilter umbrella.  I don't know if there are dedis in that area but I'm just assuming so because I join hosts in that area so often. 

Iain, you said that we won't be able to block dedicated servers with the .7 update. Do you mean only dedicated servers that are inside your set geofilter?  I really don't want to be joining on servers in Seattle if I can help it.

Can anyone tell me why, when I have my home location set near Florida and only spanning 400 miles out nowhere near New York or New Jersey it still lights up the dedicated Server up there like its the host>

Which version of firmware are you on? Depending on which version would determine the likely culprits as features have evolved hence question

Archived