Keep losing internet connection

bagsta69

Hi yall, for the last 2 days about 2 -3 times an hour I lose internet connection. I have not noticed it on my PS4 but on my PC firefox stops responding then suddenly kicks back in.

Thinking it may be a problem with firefox I launched the chrome browser. When it happens in chrome I actually get a message pop up saying something about DNS and no internet then it kicks back in again.

Tried rebooting from misc settings page, happens wired or over wifi.

Any ideas?

• Netduma Staff

Just off out but tried that on wired settings and got unidentified network and ip address conflict.

Can you make sure you are connecting with an automatic IP as that could happen if you were using a static IP :)

Ah, ok I thought you meant follow the procedure in the video,

Ok so both the settings are set to automatic, on ps4 everything set to easy auto and everything plugged wired into R1 which in turn is plugged into openreach by infinity modem thingy

• Administrators

Ah, ok I thought you meant follow the procedure in the video,

Ok so both the settings are set to automatic, on ps4 everything set to easy auto and everything plugged wired into R1 which in turn is plugged into openreach by infinity modem thingy

Okay so is it working now its automatic?

I would take an Ethernet straight from your modem to a pc and run Ping plotter and watch for it cutting out over the hour to rule out an isp connection fault if non of the above works.

It was already set to automatic, I changed it then changed it back and it appears to be working fine, maybe it had lost some sort of connection or something. Cheers for the help all. Feel free to close thread and ill let you know if owt goes wrong again. :)

Archived