kicked if geo filter is not about 450km

ByMgRs

Guest Netduma Fraser

No matter what I try (restarting, reconfiguring xbox on geo filter, deleting and then adding xbox in device manager) I cannot join a lobby if the distance is less than 450km but I could before and I havent updated?

What version are you on? It could be the game, but 450km is a low distance, anything below 1000km is pretty good, so just try expanding it a bit more and see how the games are.

No matter what I try (restarting, reconfiguring xbox on geo filter, deleting and then adding xbox in device manager) I cannot join a lobby if the distance is less than 450km but I could before and I havent updated?

True. If you are lucky enough to pick a game within this radius though, is an awesome experience.

I had my best games with minimal radius

Guest Netduma_Iain

Version .7 gives you total information so you know why you got booted so you can find the sweet spot. As Fraser said though 450km is very low already, the difference between 100km and 450km will not be noticeable as the propagation speed is a factor of the speed of light.

Iain, The Upgrade menu says I'm running the latest (1.02.2). What .7 are you talking about?

Maybe a sticky post under installation with instructions about updating to the latest version would help. There could be a lot of people still on the old build. Or maybe another subforum below the isp installation subforum?

Okay thanks

You know I have had this new router R1 for about a week now and I really haven't noticed any difference With my other router I have the latest version I live in the US on the East Coast lots of games to connect to locally but I have to expand almost over 1200 to 1400km just to get in the game (AW) being that far out the leg is still there like it was with my other router I am frustrated right now Not sure what to do but I'm not giving up

Okay thanks

You know I have had this new router R1 for about a week now and I really haven't noticed any difference With my other router I have the latest version I live in the US on the East Coast lots of games to connect to locally but I have to expand almost over 1200 to 1400km just to get in the game (AW) being that far out the leg is still there like it was with my other router I am frustrated right now Not sure what to do but I'm not giving up

if you look at the whole map, you'll see that it tries to connect all around the world.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Dogavitch,

Please don't focus too much on the distance, but focus on the ping. You should still notice a very big difference in ping, 1000km is not much larger than 400km when you're travelling at the speed of light.

What are your pings if you don't mind me asking? Also please make sure you have strict mode on. 

Ping is king in AW,i agree distance is important but in my opinion it's second to ping.You can find a host close and have a terrible game if the host is downloading heavily or has less than ideal internet.And on the other hand you can get a host at 1200 km and can play like a dream.Every host and connection is different but you can sort them out with the allow and deny curtains,that's the beauty of the duma

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok great, above the distance filter you'll see strict mode checkbox. You need to tick that to get a better experience. If you don't see that it means you're on an older version. You need to upgrade, its upto you if you want to upgrade to .6 or just wait it out for .7 in the next day or so. 

Ok great, above the distance filter you'll see strict mode checkbox. You need to tick that to get a better experience. If you don't see that it means you're on an older version. You need to upgrade, its upto you if you want to upgrade to .6 or just wait it out for .7 in the next day or so. 

I had the geo filter last week set to 1213 km and had no problems whatsoever finding games. I noticed this week while searching for a game that I have to disable and then enable Strict mode to get into any games. However at times when I search for a game it will search and not find anything or it will find a lobby and then boot me out. So disabling and enabling Strict Mode is what put me into a game, otherwise I am waiting for it to search for an open lobby. This week I increased it to 1500 km and maybe that is why expanding the geo filter is helping, but I also had to disable and enable Strict Mode too.

i had the same issue Alex, just smaller radius, I understand it makes little difference ping or connection wise but it does allow me to prioritize connection over skill so I normally get put in lobbies with level 30s or something similiar. Haha no hate I know you do it too

Archived