Just had my first session with my new R1

Akic

I did a lot of research before buying the R1, there have been products in the past that have claimed all sorts of wondeful benefits for gamers but after digging around a bit they just looked like overpriced scams to me.  The R1 was not like this, the users/gamers who had already purchased one were so passionate about the product and so too were the devs and staff who really seem to care about their customers, I'm a big believer that small companies can run circles round the big boys in terms of cutomer service, hell I built up a succesfull business around that ethos and netduma deliver on that front.  Moreover the logic behind how the R1 deals with lag was very sound from a technical aspect which appealed to me so a couple of days ago I put my order in.

I received my unit this morning and after spending most of the day getting the R1 set up and integrated into my network (thanks to Iain and the rest of the netduma crew for their help in navigating the UI) I finally had a chance to use it for what it's designed for and boy does it deliver, I kinda knew it would but it really has exceeded my expectations.

I was getting frustrated playing AW on the 360, I've never been below a 2.5 KDR on any COD before and with AW I was struggling to get to a 1.5.  I thought it might have been to do with the new movement mechanics and the super high pace of the game or maybe I was just getting old and my reactions aren't what they used to be but really it wasn't!

After starting the first game I immediately noticed a massive difference, this is not a product that leaves you wondering if it's doing its job, it is absolutely obvious from the first kill you get.  I didn't change my play style one bit and suddenly I was getting KDRs between 3-10 in nearly every game, even on one "bad" game where my team were seriously outmatched in terms of skill (a good, organised clan) I got a 1.8 and felt like I had a bit of a chance to fight back.

Finally it felt like I wasn't shooting blanks at everyone while they were returning fire with dum-dums, I was getting the 3 hit and 4 hit kills the gun specs said I should be getting and it really feels wonderful to be competitive again.  Of course you will still die if someone outguns you but now it feels like a legit kill rather than a cheap death which is fine by me.

I'm guessing whatever the netcode is in AW it was particularly NOT suited to my setup because before the netduma 95% of the games (and I'm not exaggerating) felt like unless I got the jump on someone and shot them in the back I was going to lose that gunfight, I would even lose some of those...half a clip into someone's back and he turns around and takes me out.  Not anymore now I'm dropping suckers like they're stuck in treacle and I'm running around with helium in my shoes.

So guys thank you so much for this great product and your great customer service, if this is the early adopter version I can only imagine what good things are lying ahead, and to top it off this is a British company that is showing the world how it should be done.  Well done.

TL;DR Just buy one

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey Akic, thanks so much for purchasing! Thats absolutely fantastic! Thats just what we love to see. Thank you so much for your kind words and support, it really does mean a lot to us. 

Hey Akic, thanks so much for purchasing! Thats absolutely fantastic! Thats just what we love to see. Thank you so much for your kind words and support, it really does mean a lot to us. 

You guys deserve it.

Great read :)

This is the best thing to happen to gaming for me also , love the Netduma and i have never seen such a dedicated team that will help at a drop of a hat.

Quality.

Archived