COD ADVANCED WARFARE HOST MIGRATION...SUCKS!

II Z IE IR O II

Guest Netduma Fraser

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS FREEZE WHEN TRYING TO PICK A NEW HOST!!!! 

This may occur when it tries to migrate to a host thats outside your filter, so as soon as you see it migrating expand your filter and you might catch it.

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS FREEZE WHEN TRYING TO PICK A NEW HOST!!!! 

When it picks a new host, packets are sent from all players to one another...so if players are outside your geo-filter...it's blocking those packets.

It will seem choppy during those times, you'll either get booted or a host within range will be picked (the second is what older CoD NetCode did when there was a strict connection)

Can you turn the geofilter off when the game starts? That would prevent it from freezing, but once the game is over enable it.

Maybe Iain can add an option in the menu to automatically disable filter once game starts. At least give you a choice. Otherwise manually do it.

Can you turn the geofilter off when the game starts? That would prevent it from freezing, but once the game is over enable it.

Maybe Iain can add an option in the menu to automatically disable filter once game starts. At least give you a choice. Otherwise manually do it.

if geofilter was off while you were joining a game you'd join all the way then get kicked out because they are outside the geo-filter range.

if geofilter was off while you were joining a game you'd join all the way then get kicked out because they are outside the geo-filter range.

No, I ment join game as normal. Once the pregame host is selected and then the game or countdown starts disable the filter, it is no longer needed. If host migrates to someone outside filter in mid game with filter on it freezes. The filter is not needed with game in motion unless you host.

No, I ment join game as normal. Once the pregame host is selected and then the game or countdown starts disable the filter, it is no longer needed. If host migrates to someone outside filter in mid game with filter on it freezes. The filter is not needed with game in motion unless you host.

That sounds like it would work. I'll try it out.

I take it there are no dedis in Hawaii? You'd have to connect to cali I imagine for those.. Hmm.  That is the biggest bummer about player hosts, if the host leaves it can destroy the whole game depending on how he left. 

Like Fraser and  ABC said, maybe the new host that's picked is outside your geo-range therefore it's denied and fails. 

I take it there are no dedis in Hawaii? You'd have to connect to cali I imagine for those.. Hmm.  That is the biggest bummer about player hosts, if the host leaves it can destroy the whole game depending on how he left. 

Like Fraser and  ABC said, maybe the new host that's picked is outside your geo-range therefore it's denied and fails. 

No dedi's in Hawaii.  I wish they had more in the California area.  So far, I've only seen 2 dedi servers pop up on the geo filter

Archived