One thing worths mentioning to make things consistent

It’s not the QOS. it’s not all fancy setting. But it is very basic things for a good start. 

it is the WAN IP address! 

I have been noticing a lot late when I do well, literally get average 5+ KD in mw3 for last 10 games. It is because I randomly get a good set of IP from my ISP.  

I know you guys all have qos setup, port priorities and what not. But one thing I would like to remind you is to check your own IP address when you do well in online games. Log it. Jod it in a paper. Because that IP will not last (unless you pay extra for fixed IP) forever. And when you feel that you are behind enemies, shoot first die first, even your router setting is the same. Take a look at your ip and see if it changes. You will notice the pattern and know what sets of ip is good for you

in my case, my ISP, AIS have two sets of ip. 

it starts with 182.219.xx.xx this is good io for gaming

while bad ip for my ISP often start with 58.136.xx.xx

how to change IP?  Easy. Reboot your router 

once you get good ip, log it and don’t restart your router. 

Good luck finding patterns! 

Can anyone explain the logic behind this? no matter what IP I get, my ISP takes the same route to the servers so it's not like one has a better route than the other ??

From my experience (for my connection, may not be the same for others) QoS does give me different experiences on each cod. It's not placebo - I can play 100 games straight with 1 qdisc set on my openwrt router and not get a single game that runs good. Switch to another router running a different qdisc not available on this one and the first game on it's good. Switch back and it's bad. But the bad qdisc worked wonders on some previous cods, just not on this one for me..

• Administrators
1 hour ago, johnnytran said:

Can anyone explain the logic behind this? no matter what IP I get, my ISP takes the same route to the servers so it's not like one has a better route than the other ??

From my experience (for my connection, may not be the same for others) QoS does give me different experiences on each cod. It's not placebo - I can play 100 games straight with 1 qdisc set on my openwrt router and not get a single game that runs good. Switch to another router running a different qdisc not available on this one and the first game on it's good. Switch back and it's bad. But the bad qdisc worked wonders on some previous cods, just not on this one for me..

The only thing I thought was the routing as well, I can't think of anything else that would affect it at all