NetDuma R3 - Firmware Stability Update When?

When will there be a firmware stability update for the R3? I cannot run the Speed Test or Ping Optimizer after going through the forums and trying previous solutions.

While this router hardware is a clear and obvious upgrade over my aging Netgear XR500 that was having major issues with connection stability on any and every firmware recently, I'm just wondering when the firmware for this R3 will match the amazing hardware and the DumaOS features will be patched up. 🙂

Amazing hardware!!!!!!! Lol hope you want to joke, no 2.5 GB or 10 GB ethernet port only 256 MB of DDR3 only 1.5 Ghz quad core it's a real shame for such a price. It's my last netduma's harware.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, mightywizard666 said:

Amazing hardware!!!!!!! Lol hope you want to joke, no 2.5 GB or 10 GB ethernet port only 256 MB of DDR3 only 1.5 Ghz quad core it's a real shame for such a price. It's my last netduma's harware.

All that information is on the website, you'd also be hard pressed to find a router with those specs at the price we sold it for

It wasn't when i preordered it otherwise I wouldn't have bought it in fact. And just for information by many other brands you can have mnimum 2.5GB port and much better processor and memory for that price.

3 hours ago, mightywizard666 said:

It wasn't when i preordered it otherwise I wouldn't have bought it in fact. And just for information by many other brands you can have mnimum 2.5GB port and much better processor and memory for that price.

the info was there i checked before i pre ordered it also in 2023 i also did more due diligence and came to the forum and asked if the router supported my network speeds before placing my order.

4 hours ago, mightywizard666 said:

Explain to me why you need more RAM and more CPU power? If the software is developed on this hardware specification, it will run. And apart from the bugs, it does this without any problems. If you take a look at the statistics, you'll see that the processor is currently bored for the most part. One core is even completely idle. RAM is never more than half full. So why do you want more performance so that it lies idle again and you spend money unnecessarily?

Sorry, but that's like complaining that the car only has 200 instead of 600 horsepower when all roads have a speed limit of 120 KMH anyway. 

The only point where I agree with you is that a 2.5 GB port would have been nice 

6 hours ago, mightywizard666 said:

I find this statement very daring! I took a look at the website as of 10 December 2023. All technical specifications are fully disclosed here. Directly on the pre-order page. All you had to do was scroll down a bit. And sorry, if you really didn't see that and bought the router blindly, you can't blame anyone for that....

And if you don’t believe me, here you can proof yourself: web.archive.org

• Administrators
14 hours ago, mightywizard666 said:

As above the information definitely was there at the time. I may be wrong on finding other routers with those specs at that price but they are significantly bigger companies than us and so will have better deals with their manufacturers and do more volume - it wouldn't be possible for us to do it at that price, it would have to be more expensive.