Disconnect issues

Gil

Has anyone have disconnection drops while playing. I'm getting quite annoyed! Especially after dropping $230 on this router. I'm honestly starting to regret it. 

Hey @Gil

When these disconnections happen while playing a game try disabling the Geo to see if they stop.. This is just as a test to see if the Geo might be blocking something.. 

If they still occur could you please grab the logs from the troubleshooting section and post them here? It will help to see what the possible cause might be..

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators

In addition to the above is it just the gaming device being dropped from the game or does it lose internet as well? Do other devices lose internet?

What game/platform are you playing? What firmware version are you on currently?

It happens frequently throughout the day. the internet disconnects, and the access to the R3 is not possible until I do a reboot to the R3.

7 hours ago, Zippy said:

Hey @Gil

When these disconnections happen while playing a game try disabling the Geo to see if they stop.. This is just as a test to see if the Geo might be blocking something.. 

If they still occur could you please grab the logs from the troubleshooting section and post them here? It will help to see what the possible cause might be..

Thanks!

Zippy.

Ok. I will get that the next time it cuts off. Thanks 😊 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In addition to the above is it just the gaming device being dropped from the game or does it lose internet as well? Do other devices lose internet?

What game/platform are you playing? What firmware version are you on currently?

I'm on the new firmware. Playing COD on the ps5. It pops up stating that loss LAN connection. I have my ps5 hardwired. 

1 hour ago, mohands said:

It happens frequently throughout the day. the internet disconnects, and the access to the R3 is not possible until I do a reboot to the R3.

Its annoying. I did one reboot already and it just continues throughout my game session's. 

• Administrators

Ah it might be that annoying LAN cable not connected issue which doesn't seem to be router specific, for troubleshooting purposes if you have the PS5 connected via WiFi do you get the same issues?

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah it might be that annoying LAN cable not connected issue which doesn't seem to be router specific, for troubleshooting purposes if you have the PS5 connected via WiFi do you get the same issues?

I Never play wireless. It's a bad experience, so I always do hard wired. 

That freaking sucks. 

43 minutes ago, Blaky2519 said:

Yesterday i had no internet with the Duma i had to turn off ipv6 on LAN and WAN so it could work again

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gil said:

I Never play wireless. It's a bad experience, so I always do hard wired. 

I get that but just for troubleshooting purposes could you try it and see whether the same issue happens please?

I also get random disconnects using geo filter to get hosts in Chicago I get randomly disconnected for like 1-2 minutes and than the internet is back online so annoying waiting for this update praying it fixes things but if it doesn’t I’ll be throwing the router in the trash no doubt 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Tearing said:

I also get random disconnects using geo filter to get hosts in Chicago I get randomly disconnected for like 1-2 minutes and than the internet is back online so annoying waiting for this update praying it fixes things but if it doesn’t I’ll be throwing the router in the trash no doubt 

Best to make a new topic and we can focus on you there but do other devices disconnect or is it just the gaming device dropping you from the game? Under what circumstances on the game is this happening? For example, could it be trying to change the host to one outside your radius?

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Freebandzz said:

It’s one of the main problems I had to stop useing the r3 intill maybe one day a update comes out before I am 90 in a wheelchair 🦼 😂

It's probably something we can resolve now if you want to continue troubleshooting