Packet loss

Rebooted router today, re sync cloud, tried playing again, still have 3-7% packet loss while playing on a 19ms ping server.....any suggestions?

• Administrators

What firmware version are you on currently? You can have a low ping and packet loss, packet loss doesn't necessarily mean you'd have a crazy high ping.

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to and how have you set that to ensure all traffic flows to the R3? E.g. R3 in its DMZ, modem/bridge mode

How have you setup Congestion Control/SmartBOOST?

I am on the latest firmware, my R3 is conneted directly to my ONT (no modem or router)

xbox is in dmz, congestion control has been set at 70/70 since i recieved the r3 in December, smart boost is active as well.  

I literally have changed nothing in the past 3 months on this and have never had packet loss issues before

18 minutes ago, Derek2626 said:

I am on the latest firmware, my R3 is conneted directly to my ONT (no modem or router)

xbox is in dmz, congestion control has been set at 70/70 since i recieved the r3 in December, smart boost is active as well.  

I literally have changed nothing in the past 3 months on this and have never had packet loss issues before

Remember your ISP could be to blame for the packetloss as well. 

Set up a free "Broadband Quality Meter" - https://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping once set up, let it run for a few hours (it runs a ping from their server to your router) and it'll plot out your connection in a heatmap. See mine below. If you were to have true packetloss caused by your ISP then you will see a red spike/spikes from the top of the graph. 

image.png.81ac8321a583e93ea0aabddbac7c739b.png

• Administrators

If it's a sudden occurrence then it's either a game side issue, perhaps the server is under load etc or something has changed on your setup. Any changes to the physical setup? Any new devices added? Any settings changes etc?

Like i mentioned previously, I havent changed any of my settings at all in months, no new devices added anywhere....I guess i can try to relocate and connect to other servers and test it out.

However, once my gameplay started getting all jerky and laggy, I had my friend host and we connected to further away servers and still the same packetloss experience

I reset the R3 again yesterday again, along with resetting my ONT, no packet loss as of last nights games.

I will keep other suggestions in mind if it starts to happen again, thanks for the input guys!