Warzone (2.0) - Looking for serious suggestions to help with improvement, if even possible.

TL:DR at bottom

Hey gang.  I've been running NetDuma for years, with multiple routers.  I've loved the growth, the community, the feedback, and everything about the experience -- even helping devs with bugs, xbox party chat servers, etc. So in short, I'm a fan.

My history for CoD goes back to the begining, and it's truely the only game I play.  I'm a fanboy, through and through.  I've always been a hard core gamer.  When Blackout first came out, it was my opportunity to get into BRs -- and I did, and I did well.  Not pro-level, but for a HC player to go to core/BR, I was good.  I wasn't great at WZ (1.0), but I had in the hundreds of wins. 

I took off about a year between 1.0 and 2.0 but came back about a month prior to ranked WZ. 

I'm running the new R3 with latest (to date) firmware.  Geofencing works great, ping stability seems solid... I get between an A and an A+ buffer bloat every time. Again, in short, does exactly what I want.

Problem? ... I feel cheated on 80-90% of my duels.  Be it in the field, or gulag. I can't put my finger on it, and I'm willing to accept, to a degree, its me.  I'm older (46), I wear glasses... fair.  However, this to me feels like something outside of 'my' control and ability to play the game.  I destroy kids in HC.  It's my thing.  My reaction time is solid, as shown in HC -- however I understand that it's a combination of reaction time + a steady hand/thumb for core/WZ.  

Case in point as to why I think it could be something 'small' yet signnificant like a setting of sorts; Just the other day I stumbled across ADS sensativity.  Lowering that from the default 1, to 0.65 made SOOO much of a difference to me, as I run a high sensativity.  This helped me stay on target so much better during fights.

At the risk of sounding like a crybaby, I just know I'm a better player than Warzone lets me be.  What am I missing?  Feel free to ask questions for any clarification, I'll happily respond.

Thanks fam!

TL;DR

R3, Geofence, Solid HC Multiplayer, average 40 ping, still feel cheated.  Is it settings? Is it me? is it ISP? Feels like I'm missing something small-yet-significant.

• Administrators

Potentially lag compensation could be negatively affecting you, in which case forcing servers slightly further away may benefit you. I'd suggest trying direct to your modem to see if you get the same, if you don't then it may indicate you need to fine tune QoS a bit more.

Eesh. :) 

Family of 4, with someone always here.  That test may be difficult if not impossible any time soon.  But I'll keep that nugget on standby.

Ironic thing, is I've always blamed my ISP for their very high ping - Cable, typically I have a 27 ping to my ISP, everyone else I play with are 15 or lower.  While I was writing that post, someone stopped by with a door hanger, and apparently at some point soon we're getting fiber.  This is great, as I'm STUCK with only one ISP here and have been for a decade.  So this is potentially good news in the near future.

Thanks for the feedback @Netduma Fraser :)

4 minutes ago, mindlash said:

Eesh. :) 

Family of 4, with someone always here.  That test may be difficult if not impossible any time soon.  But I'll keep that nugget on standby.

Ironic thing, is I've always blamed my ISP for their very high ping - Cable, typically I have a 27 ping to my ISP, everyone else I play with are 15 or lower.  While I was writing that post, someone stopped by with a door hanger, and apparently at some point soon we're getting fiber.  This is great, as I'm STUCK with only one ISP here and have been for a decade.  So this is potentially good news in the near future.

Thanks for the feedback @Netduma Fraser :)

That just means that they are very close to the server. Less than 40ms is actually pretty solid for FPS games but less than 30ms is even better. I'm on fiber and my routes are all between 18-24 and I have great hit detection. Realistically it just depends on how many hops between your connection and the server. If you wanna see how your provider is doing, on your computer, open a command prompt, then type in tracert 8.8.8.8 or use a game server IP if you can snag one off Geo-Filter. This will give you an idea of how your connection is being router and how many hops and if there are any really high latency routes along the way.

8 minutes ago, mindlash said:

image.thumb.png.5106f754b57a37e60152f8914a1502e7.png

Interesting, this is my companies hops via our MPLS. I'll show you my fiber connection at home when I get off, it is close if not better tbh than this. Hop 6 on your jump looks high, Charter has been known to not use optimized routes to be honest so I really hope you get Fiber soon!

image.png.4c085d5f7329cc172622486cffd8c737.png

Yeah @TG3NOC1D3 -- I've always felt it was my ISP... 

*shrug* 

But in case it's NOT my ISP, I'm curious if there are magic settings within either the router / game itself that may help in any way.

I feel like I've been chasing some high that's just around the corner... just can't quite get it.

25 minutes ago, mindlash said:

Yeah @TG3NOC1D3 -- I've always felt it was my ISP... 

*shrug* 

But in case it's NOT my ISP, I'm curious if there are magic settings within either the router / game itself that may help in any way.

I feel like I've been chasing some high that's just around the corner... just can't quite get it.

So, this is gonna sound completely counter to the point of the router, but try turning off steady ping inside the geo-filter. Having a "wavy" ping may actually help you lose less to lag compensation as Fraser stated about above. I would also put in your speeds via a speed test.net into the speeds and then manually adjust your sliders and use https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat to make sure you are truly getting minimal bloat on your connection. I would also check server stability to, under ping heatmap, if you click on one of those servers, it'll tell you how stable it is.

On 2/29/2024 at 2:38 PM, LF_Khalifa said:

smart qos, port forwarding and bufferbloat + qos on PC and proper network adapter settings

Can you show us your settings? What are the:

• Smart QoS Settings?
  • Port forwarding settings?
  • QoS Settings on PC?
  • Network adapter settings?

Thank you very much in advance.

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2024 at 10:03 PM, Chackall said:

Can you show us your settings? What are the:

• Smart QoS Settings?
  • Port forwarding settings?
  • QoS Settings on PC?
  • Network adapter settings?

Thank you very much in advance.

1. https://imgur.com/a/o3gVUJx  https://forum.netduma.com/uploads/monthly_2024_04/BANDWIDTH_RESERVE_COMPLETE_SETUP.png.119bd3380cf6dab29747332a465c904d.png
2. https://imgur.com/a/wly395f
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcEl6VRnURk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m-msq6JtyM
4. I recommend to disable any power saving, throttle or green internet shit in network adapter settings. What should be enabled is any offload feature with interrupt moderation on on adaptive or medium setting.

I highly recommend to buy i210-t2.

Dont forget to turn off uPnP and reserve DHCP adress for your PC and make static IP in network settings on ur PC.

Research more in-depth and find out by yourself how things work and what you actually need. Don't rely only on youtube vids cause there is a lot of retards who make clickbait shit and copy each other.