can I block west and east servers to only ping Dallas servers on ranked mw3?

If I live in LA, my friends who I play cod with on the east coast, can I make it so I block all east and west servers and only ping to central on ranked mw3? I just bought an xr500 for this because I cannot stand playing on east coast ping and my friends cannot stand playing west and the Dallas server is perfect for everyone. 

What’s the hvpn for? I dont think I’ll have an issue considering lot of ppl are playing ranked. Just wanted to make sure I could block my own servers and east

Yes, from what I understand. I believe the wait time will be longer when trying to force a server that's not local to you.  I primarily place on Los Angeles/California Servers.

Just to add from what @DARKNESS mention. Since, COD will still try to use your ISP location. Cod will use servers for your gaming experience.

Here's an example, as stated, I'm in Los Angeles. I place it in Texas, but you see it's trying to place me on a server in GEORGIA.

2024-01-21_15-52-41.png.848c11754d1fe004449bd08206ed664f.png

So, yes, it will work, but it will take quite some time to connect you to TEXAS. Hybrid VPN helps mitigates this.

Try the following:
  With the game turned off, set your location to Texas, disable geo latency, strict mode on and quick search off, then launch the game and try.
Remind you that for this to work for you and the group you must be the host of said group.