Why i got this, both on R2 and R3

On 1/17/2024 at 1:40 AM, jorlanjorge said:

Hi just wanna ask why i got error when i put Port from FC24… 

i have DMZ for my ps5 

IMG_1592.png

I had this yesterday when entering in some port forwarding. It happens when there is a space in the rule name you give it. Take the spaces out and it should save fine. 

On 1/17/2024 at 1:28 AM, Stilts29 said:

I had this yesterday when entering in some port forwarding. It happens when there is a space in the rule name you give it. Take the spaces out and it should save fine. 

Also for anyone trying to get open nat for MW3 port forward UDP 9308.

9308 is a port used for voice chat on PSN and has nothing to do with MW3. MW3 uses port 3074 and 3075 as an alt incase you have 2 devices playing online.

4 hours ago, TG3NOC1D3 said:

9308 is a port used for voice chat on PSN and has nothing to do with MW3. MW3 uses port 3074 and 3075 as an alt incase you have 2 devices playing online.

You are correct I had 3074 and 3075 opened for another game. Amended my post.

I am also getting unknown error when trying to add a UDP port. Not down to space in rule name so that is also a red herring.

I am on PC so unable to put in DMZ. Any idea @Netduma Fraser why this occurs. I recently reapplied 0.23 and then did a FR and then setup port forwarding. UPnP is off and I have a PS setup fine under DMZ. I also have been able to add UDP 3074 port fine but not 3097. Keep getting Unknown Error.

24 minutes ago, Stilts29 said:

I am also getting unknown error when trying to add a UDP port. Not down to space in rule name so that is also a red herring.

I am on PC so unable to put in DMZ. Any idea @Netduma Fraser why this occurs. I recently reapplied 0.23 and then did a FR and then setup port forwarding. UPnP is off and I have a PS setup fine under DMZ. I also have been able to add UDP 3074 port fine but not 3097. Keep getting Unknown Error.

Ok so just removed PS from DMZ and now able to add the port, not sure whats happening there?

I am unable to add ports for my PC when a playstation is added to the DMZ. I can re add it to the DMZ when I have finished adding ports.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Stilts29 said:

Ok so just removed PS from DMZ and now able to add the port, not sure whats happening there?

I am unable to add ports for my PC when a playstation is added to the DMZ. I can re add it to the DMZ when I have finished adding ports.

The DMZ passes ALL traffic through to that device so technically it is correct to not allow you to make port forwarding rules as otherwise conflicts could occur. So in this scenario with two devices removing one from the DMZ and doing the 3074 for one and 3075 for the other rules would be better.

On 1/20/2024 at 6:37 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The DMZ passes ALL traffic through to that device so technically it is correct to not allow you to make port forwarding rules as otherwise conflicts could occur. So in this scenario with two devices removing one from the DMZ and doing the 3074 for one and 3075 for the other rules would be better.

Oh ok I was not aware that it had to be set up like that. I will give that a go and see how it performs. Thanks