Sudden Increase in Ping on Middle East Server - Need Assistance

MonirHussein

I used to enjoy a solid ping of around 80-90ms when playing on the Middle East server in Warzone. It allowed me to have a competitive and enjoyable gaming experience, particularly when connecting with my friends from different regions. However, my recent gaming sessions have taken a frustrating turn as my ping has unexpectedly skyrocketed to over 200ms when searching for a match on the Middle East server. image.thumb.png.94d1b08d9fa36d021f01c21f0158a52b.png

image.thumb.png.8abedfc7777b86f89b8a714af517b6c4.png

image.thumb.png.17a8da9d1c277ab19d41741d72959dd0.png

As you can see, my ping has jumped significantly, and this has made the gameplay experience less than ideal. It's not only affecting my personal enjoyment but also putting me at a severe disadvantage in competitive matches. I've checked my settings on the router, and everything seems to be configured correctly.

• Administrators

It's possible there is a mislocated server there but have you checked direct to your modem to see if you're able to get close to the ping you used to get?

Try putting your location in the ocean and set your Ping Assist to 90ms, if the server is mislocated it should allow you to connect to it.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's possible there is a mislocated server there but have you checked direct to your modem to see if you're able to get close to the ping you used to get?

Try putting your location in the ocean and set your Ping Assist to 90ms, if the server is mislocated it should allow you to connect to it.

I tried and getting match on Hong Kong server

image.thumb.png.63bc43ef9110d0d46da7aa57e371a57e.png

I used to play with my UK friends, Now I am getting 200 ping in Middle East :(

46 minutes ago, Kingzzy said:

This happened to me 3 times, the ping at 200 ms, the observation was without calls "SHADOW BAN". 
Check on your Activision account to be sure. Maybe this isn't the case for you.

Getting match on singapore, hong kong servers. 

1 hour ago, Kingzzy said:

@Monir Hussein Check your Activision account to be sure so you can rule out certain hypotheses.

If you are "shadow banned" there is nothing to do except wait and if this is not the case the members of this forum will help you find a solution.

No, I am not shadow banned.

@Kingzzy@MonirHusseinIf you were to be shadow banned you would get banned for obvious reasons though there could be a possibility that it was a mistake by they’re anti cheat system.To dispute a ban you would have to contact activision and hope for the best if you were wrongly banned that is…

10 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Kingzzy@MonirHusseinIf you were to be shadow banned you would get banned for obvious reasons though there could be a possibility that it was a mistake by they’re anti cheat system.To dispute a ban you would have to contact activision and hope for the best if you were wrongly banned that is…

An accumulation of reports from several players is enough to be shadow banned....#RICOCHET

Nowadays unfortunately people are too quick to call it a cheat; they forget that there are people with very good levels in games. I played 3 games in a row once with more than 20 kills the next day I was shadow banned and I had to wait 1 week before being able to replay 1 time on warzone1 and 2 times on warzone2 and I only 2 days of games

when i play ranked sometimes the ping will got to 200 cause im crim and the poeple im playing with is diamond so i could take longer to find a game but it usually resets and finds a game back at 90, if your ping setting at 200 then you up to no good and got shadowed lol

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you leave your radius over ME, do you eventually get a game and it is actually over 200ms? Does it actually show on the Geo-Filter over 200ms?

yes I get a match in a few seconds, but my ping 200+

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

when i play ranked sometimes the ping will got to 200 cause im crim and the poeple im playing with is diamond so i could take longer to find a game but it usually resets and finds a game back at 90, if your ping setting at 200 then you up to no good and got shadowed lol

I am getting match dude and not shadow banned. I just want to play in Middle East server. 127ms in Ping Hitmap, searching match in 149ms but getting match in 215ms. Taking just few seconds to find a match.

29 minutes ago, MonirHussein said:

I am getting match dude and not shadow banned. I just want to play in Middle East server. 127ms in Ping Hitmap, searching match in 149ms but getting match in 215ms. Taking just few seconds to find a match.

lock your geo filter to the locations you want to play and you good. might take a little long, not to many people playing ranked why you get top 250 players pretty much in every game now

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide the ID of that server please? I can then see if it is a mislocated server or if it is that server

Server IP in Ping Hit-Map: 20.37.81.41
This is the server on Geo-filter when I get the match: 8c0f7944ac2bb3b8

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, MonirHussein said:

Server IP in Ping Hit-Map: 20.37.81.41
This is the server on Geo-filter when I get the match: 8c0f7944ac2bb3b8

The Geo-Filter shows it is a server in Bahrain, if the location in your profile is correct I am surprised that you got as low as 90ms to that server. Based on calculating avg ping times between the two countries your ping should be at least 130ms. As to why your ping has suddenly changed this is very likely down to your ISP routing, it's not something I would usually recommend but to test this as you're on PC you could try a program such as ExitLag which modifies the route your traffic takes to the game server - if it is ISP routing that has changed then your ping should go back down again to the same server.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Geo-Filter shows it is a server in Bahrain, if the location in your profile is correct I am surprised that you got as low as 90ms to that server. Based on calculating avg ping times between the two countries your ping should be at least 130ms. As to why your ping has suddenly changed this is very likely down to your ISP routing, it's not something I would usually recommend but to test this as you're on PC you could try a program such as ExitLag which modifies the route your traffic takes to the game server - if it is ISP routing that has changed then your ping should go back down again to the same server.

Should I contact with my ISP?

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes, I am  getting match in ME using ExitLag.  

image.thumb.png.b101eb6ee36f240b72678b270b1a014b.png

image.thumb.png.2b1871d51a14b5d0e746efb2fe45b783.png

Hi !

Obviously, if without ExitLag, you get higher pings on both in-game servers, it's definitely a routing problem from your ISP!

But it seems impossible that you get 90ms in any case!

• Administrators

Exactly as above, changing the routing allowed you to get a lower ping but not close to 90 which is expected so it does in fact look as though the routing from your ISP has changed. You could contact them but I doubt they would do anything to change it, worth a try or continue to use that program.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Exactly as above, changing the routing allowed you to get a lower ping but not close to 90 which is expected so it does in fact look as though the routing from your ISP has changed. You could contact them but I doubt they would do anything to change it, worth a try or continue to use that program.

Okay, I will contact with my ISP.