XR450 gets no love?!

It's getting pretty close to a year or so when the xr500 got their beta. What about the xr450? Is it really that hard to have a beta for this hardware too? Where's the love? Is it none existent? Should I just give up and get a different gaming router that has better community support? 

38 minutes ago, agent47isn1 said:

It's getting pretty close to a year or so when the xr500 got their beta. What about the xr450? Is it really that hard to have a beta for this hardware too? Where's the love? Is it none existent? Should I just give up and get a different gaming router that has better community support? 

Hey xr700 owners had to wait since December 9th 2020 until July 24th 2023 for a new beta. Could be worse  ya know. 🤷‍♂️

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not to worry it is coming! Shouldn't be much longer now.

Unfortunately we've seen that being said for a while now. So how true is this compared to all the other times this year when someone has asked for an update?

30 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

Hey xr700 owners had to wait since December 9th 2020 until July 24th 2023 for a new beta. Could be worse  ya know. 🤷‍♂️

Oh I'm fully aware Netgear still sells these routers with issues that has nothing to do with netduma but they have made it more bearable with the updates for the xr500 routers which have the exact same hardware minus an extra radio frequency 

@agent47isn1That one of the biggest issues is when they make two models of the same unit however they aren't actually the same in code which complicates things and that were you see some of the reasoning for updates being delayed...it really a waste of resources when one unit isn't actually the same but is classified as if it the same on netgears page

Such as the XR1000 which don't run the exact same hardware I believe it a somewhat downgrade on the V2 model I forget the specifics but it really negligible but still something to point out...If i remember correctly the v2 came out because they were lows on resources to make the V1 model etc

• Administrators
1 hour ago, agent47isn1 said:

Unfortunately we've seen that being said for a while now. So how true is this compared to all the other times this year when someone has asked for an update?

We've been doing a lot to bring firmwares out as fast as possible, R2, XR500 & 700. Likely the 1000 will be next then the 450 I believe. Then they'll all be pretty similar to each other in terms of their offering.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We've been doing a lot to bring firmwares out as fast as possible, R2, XR500 & 700. Likely the 1000 will be next then the 450 I believe. Then they'll all be pretty similar to each other in terms of their offering.

Yea no I get all that. what I was really hoping for when I first joined the xr500 beta the beginning of the year or so was that the beta firmware wasn't device specific between the xr450 and 500 since they're the same hardware basically minus the radios. I assumed the update process would be able to tell what hardware and install what was appropriate for that said hardware. Once that didn't work I used to check in here everyday for weeks until like 3 months ago where I check once a month if that. I'd watch other people ask the same questions with different devices as to when their firmeware was coming. I've seen someone say don't know who that you guys changed up the process to make this faster yet we're only a few months away from a year and so far I haven't seen anything move faster. Because from my understanding at some point all the devices were going to be all on the same firmware and from that point on it'll be a straightforward process with all the devices when it comes to updates instead of what we have now. That was supposed to start with dumaos 3.0 we're now into 3.3 so someone has to understand how frustrating it is to have to deal with bugs for this long. These routers are going on 4 or 5 years old and Netgear hasn't done a refresh like Asus has in the same timeframe. Nor have they even talked about a next gen gaming router. All they advertise mostly now is the Orbi WiFi mesh routers so I guess now you can understand my frustration and maybe others as well. You guys even had to stop the update page due to probably getting behind on the updates idk if that's changed because I haven't looked since it became a month old as to when it was last updated months ago. So yea unfortunately I've been losing hope and considering looking at a different gaming router as my only solution to my problems.

I've said this before and I still stand by it. I've tried many other routers in the interim waiting for an update to the 3.0 beta the xr700 was on for years. The reasons I stayed with the xr700 were the bulk raw power, sfp, and DumaOS. I don't use the wifi as and I don't use the integrated Plex server. Matter of fact, even routers with similar muscle just don't compare in features that DumaOS have. I think the xr700 as just a router is as close to perfect as I can find. Now that being said, if netduma can come up with a similar device with newer features and more frequent updates, I'm on board.