NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

It took a bit to get this updated, I had similar issues to others. However, once I had it back up and working I found that the GeoFilter now has issues, I am unable to set my Xbox. The Add Device button fails and when I first enter the GeoFilter it throws this error.  It is the same in both polygon and regular modes. Any advice on how to fix it or is this just a bug?image.thumb.png.946fb0eadf7c043c6385ff93dfbec2a4.png

• Administrators
10 hours ago, JBD said:

It took a bit to get this updated, I had similar issues to others. However, once I had it back up and working I found that the GeoFilter now has issues, I am unable to set my Xbox. The Add Device button fails and when I first enter the GeoFilter it throws this error.  It is the same in both polygon and regular modes. Any advice on how to fix it or is this just a bug?

You'll need to factory reset it and then that will be resolved

Hello. I recently downloaded from Netgear their most recent update for the xr500, v134. I also downloaded the intermediary firmware listed on the first post as well as the newest release candidate rc14.

I am running into a problem - I am able to update between 134 and the intermediary firmware, but when I attempt to update from intermediary to rc14, it doesn't work. It throws an error saying something along the lines as not recognized as firmware. Is this intermediary firmware necessary anymore?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Leinahtan said:

Hello. I recently downloaded from Netgear their most recent update for the xr500, v134. I also downloaded the intermediary firmware listed on the first post as well as the newest release candidate rc14.

I am running into a problem - I am able to update between 134 and the intermediary firmware, but when I attempt to update from intermediary to rc14, it doesn't work. It throws an error saying something along the lines as not recognized as firmware. Is this intermediary firmware necessary anymore?

Try upgrading to this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb7hztmwpxnpz2i/XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc10.img?dl=0 then upgrade to 14 after and see if it works please

so the top right should say "XR500 V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc14" ? I went with INTERMEDIARY135 to the RC10 of 134, it hanged for a bit and then the setup kicked in. Then, I went from RC 10 to RC14. Is this correct? 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Leinahtan said:

so the top right should say "XR500 V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc14" ? I went with INTERMEDIARY135 to the RC10 of 134, it hanged for a bit and then the setup kicked in. Then, I went from RC 10 to RC14. Is this correct? 

Yes that's correct, you're on the latest beta!

On 5/22/2024 at 1:59 PM, Raxis said:

even after a reset (in firmware) a reset(with button for 30 seconds), upgrading to intermediate, RC10, RC14 I get Dumaos is not running(no matter how long I wait)

only way I can log into router is to use ipaddresshere/adv_index.htm

anyone got a fix for this?

dumaos not running.png

have u got ad blockers on google disable them till u have done the start up setting

if not try changing your dns to factory

• 4 weeks later...

¿Cuándo llegara una version estable y funcional?

No detecta bien los juegos o aplicaciones soy jugador de battlefield y cuando veo que tráfico se está detectando muestra más juegos

sí dejo la regla DumaOS juegos cuando estoy jugando y X dispositivo Tambien empieza a jugar comienzo a perder paquetes

QOS no funciona con IPV6

pppoe no funciona con etiquetado VLAN (este error lleva años)

Qos si se asigna ancho de banda algún dispositivo a reiniciar el router vuelve a estar por defecto

Lo más grave:

Desconexiones aleatorias es molesto estar jugando y se desconecte 1 segundo y ya vuelva estar online te saca de la partida o incluso viendo algún video pasa...

creo que pasa por el DHCP

No tengo que ponerme a asignar IP DHCP. ¿por que algo tan simple no esta solucionado?

quizás muchas personas no noten esto, ni se dan cuenta de estos errores. solo conectan su router y se olvidan 

Que sería lo ideal en vez de estar perdiendo el tiempo buscando soluciones

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, IITazII said:

¿Cuándo llegara una version estable y funcional?

No detecta bien los juegos o aplicaciones soy jugador de battlefield y cuando veo que tráfico se está detectando muestra más juegos

sí dejo la regla DumaOS juegos cuando estoy jugando y X dispositivo Tambien empieza a jugar comienzo a perder paquetes

QOS no funciona con IPV6

pppoe no funciona con etiquetado VLAN (este error lleva años)

Qos si se asigna ancho de banda algún dispositivo a reiniciar el router vuelve a estar por defecto

Lo más grave:

Desconexiones aleatorias es molesto estar jugando y se desconecte 1 segundo y ya vuelva estar online te saca de la partida o incluso viendo algún video pasa...

creo que pasa por el DHCP

No tengo que ponerme a asignar IP DHCP. ¿por que algo tan simple no esta solucionado?

quizás muchas personas no noten esto, ni se dan cuenta de estos errores. solo conectan su router y se olvidan 

Que sería lo ideal en vez de estar perdiendo el tiempo buscando soluciones

That's to do with the cloud, a big cloud update is incoming once testing has passed.

What do you mean X device?

We're aware of the IPv6/PPPoE I'm not sure when that will be sorted.

How are you restarting the router? Are you sure it's not the view of Bandwidth Allocation that has reverted and if you change it, the allocation is still there?

That one is on NG, I've been on at them a long time about that, I don't think they're going to fix that to be honest.

On 8/27/2024 at 8:28 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

You'll need to factory reset it and then that will be resolved

No dice. I did a factory reset and it sits in the No Duma OS forever. When I do a manual reset it starts up but then gets stuck in the /dumaweb/#setup  with the following error: <see image>

This error is after I reset the pasword and network.

I have tried several different reboots powerdown and full factory resets, they all end up on this screen eventually.

I have tried reloading and clicking back to Netgear dashboard. Neither seem to work. 

setup error.png

On 9/5/2024 at 8:10 AM, Dean.L said:

have u got ad blockers on google disable them till u have done the start up setting

if not try changing your dns to factory

This is currently the only way I can configure anything also.

• Administrators
On 9/30/2024 at 4:04 AM, JBD said:

This is currently the only way I can configure anything also.

So the above screen is fixed when you disable your browser based Ablocker? Add the interface URL to it's whitelist and that will prevent it.

On 10/1/2024 at 9:00 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

So the above screen is fixed when you disable your browser based Ablocker? Add the interface URL to it's whitelist and that will prevent it.

I turned it off but I still see the error: "DumaOS is not running!" 

I am not sure what turning off ad blocker will do to help the router start up for Duma. Its just odd to me that I can access http://192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm (so it seems like its running) I just cannot connect to the main interface.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, JBD said:

I turned it off but I still see the error: "DumaOS is not running!" 

I am not sure what turning off ad blocker will do to help the router start up for Duma. Its just odd to me that I can access http://192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm (so it seems like its running) I just cannot connect to the main interface.

For that reboot, close the interface, wait 4 minutes then access and you should get in. That URL loads the NG portion which is just settings, nothing from DumaOS. Adblockers can block the RPC that the router uses, preventing access and error messages etc.