Matchmaking server?

Jackal235

22 minutes ago, Jackal235 said:

I'm in North America with geo fencing enabled around my location,

however...each time I'm looking for a new game some server in Europe pops up.

Is it a matchmaking server?

Capture2.PNG

are you on xbox?

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The server in Europe is the authentication server required for online play, it doesn't affect your game ping at all - the server inside your radius is the game

Do all North American COD players go through European authentication server ?

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

lol block that server see what happens 🤣

Like Fraser said, its authentication server it cant be blocked. Even if you do it still pops up, trust me I did first time I got an R1 lol. There are times for me auth server pops in US sometimes 

4 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

lol block that server see what happens 🤣

Ok you guys have no sense of humor. So i had to post this ☝️ so a couple of you guys would actually try "TEST" for your self's instead of just ask 👍

Despite your sense of humor I wish I could block it and see if the game would find different server.

Not sure if it's only about the authentication or also about the matchmaking, since it appears before every new game.

It's also very easy for me to find any game close to this server in Europe than to find the game on the west coast for example.

• Administrators

It's definitely just authentication and blocking it would prevent you getting a game but try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Probably one that we have yet to add, you can deny it if you wish but it'll probably mean you won't get a game

Ok, so I blocked it as per picture below, hoping that the game would find different auth. server. Unfortunately you're correct, it didn't allow me in the game at all.

Capture6.PNG.da4b4e48da9d459702ce006bf71ecc2d.PNG

those servers are to try to stop people from using vpn and geo filters, if you connect to the game with the geo filter on it with throw you on the opposite side of the globe with a 163 ping or higher, most people on pc dont know how to get vpn to work at the moment too

On 3/20/2023 at 2:57 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

those servers are to try to stop people from using vpn and geo filters, if you connect to the game with the geo filter on it with throw you on the opposite side of the globe with a 163 ping or higher, most people on pc dont know how to get vpn to work at the moment too

Hey Todd, I sent you a message

On 3/20/2023 at 12:57 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

Yes you are so correct bro. Activision is fully aware of this router. even tho they say it isn’t cheating they have found a way to work over the routers. I’m located in Texas and a few months ago I played continuously on the Texas server and now it just throws me to foreign lobbies with 100+ ping. If you look at the picture of the original post you’ll see the authentication server is “demonware” that’s the anti cheat system cod uses. It can’t be that my local server is offline or full because this has been well over 2 months that I can’t join the Texas server. I have my radius around Oklahoma and Texas with ping assist of 35 And never connects. Sad but true 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Michael Carrasco said:

Yes you are so correct bro. Activision is fully aware of this router. even tho they say it isn’t cheating they have found a way to work over the routers. I’m located in Texas and a few months ago I played continuously on the Texas server and now it just throws me to foreign lobbies with 100+ ping. If you look at the picture of the original post you’ll see the authentication server is “demonware” that’s the anti cheat system cod uses. It can’t be that my local server is offline or full because this has been well over 2 months that I can’t join the Texas server. I have my radius around Oklahoma and Texas with ping assist of 35 And never connects. Sad but true 

Hey there, did you try my suggestion from your previous topic on this issue to see if it is just the Geo-Filter? 

Demonware facilitates the online play - the authentication servers that are required to allow you to play, they've done so for years and are now a subsidiary of Acti/Blizz, the anti-cheat is Ricochet.

On 3/20/2023 at 1:57 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey there, did you try my suggestion from your previous topic on this issue to see if it is just the Geo-Filter? 

Demonware facilitates the online play - the authentication servers that are required to allow you to play, they've done so for years and are now a subsidiary of Acti/Blizz, the anti-cheat is Ricochet.

Hey Fraser, yes to my knowledge I tried everything from giving my pc device type ps. Clearing cookies, messing with qos, forcing the server. The only time it works and sometimes is when I disable filtering mode.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Michael Carrasco said:

Hey Fraser, yes to my knowledge I tried everything from giving my pc device type ps. Clearing cookies, messing with qos, forcing the server. The only time it works and sometimes is when I disable filtering mode.

If you have a look at Ping Heatmap, does the ping you would have to that server still appear in Texas or is it appearing elsewhere?

The Texas server normally gives me 20-28 ms / sometimes it’ll show up on ping heatmap, other times it will show with the same ping in a different state/ perhaps mis located? Usually there’s a server that has kinda the identical ping in Alabama or Georgia if I recall