Connection problem with Playstation 5

Friends, good morning!

I acquired an XR1000 a short time ago, all the problems I had and all the configurations I made I managed to execute by studying the topics on the forum.

But I have some questions that unfortunately I couldn't solve by myself, so I'll try to detail as much as possible the settings I made and the problems I'm having.

I'll forward the screen prints to illustrate the main settings so that it can be as easy as possible for the moderators... Let's go.

Details before explaining the prints, I use fiber optic internet at the speed of 800Mbs download and 350Mbs upload and the connection is made via PPPoE.

I play my games only on Playstation 5, the only online game I play is Call Of Duty MW II.

1.       FIGURE01 – Only the Dashboard with basic information;

2.       FIGURE02 – In GeoFilter I use the polygon option, because as I am in Brazil, I was able to mark my location and that of the server, which is not very far from my city. (In Devices I added my Playstation5 console);

3.       FIGURE03 – As I mentioned in topic 2, my city is close to the city of the Call Of Duty server, (in the image only 1 is showing, but usually there are 2 servers);

4.       FIGURE04 – In QoS I apply Always and with the tests I did, I had better results using the filter for Devices;

5.       FIGURE05 – I added these two ports that are active to have a better HitReg, I felt improvements after this configuration, but if you have any option that improves even more, I'd appreciate it lol;

6.       FIGURE06 – My internet connection is via PPPoE;

7.       FIGURE07 – These are the IP reservations I made for Playstation5 and my TV Q80r;

8.       FIGURE08 – Configuration of Wi-Fi networks, I keep active only the 2.4Ghz network;

9.       FIGURE09 – Direction of the ports that are used by PSN and Call Of Duty, all ports are informed on the Playstation and Activision website;

10.   FIGURE 10 – OPnP configuration disabled as recommended in several topics I've read around here.

Let's get to the problems:

I. My Wi-Fi network, both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz, was constantly dropping, I couldn't get a stable connection on any device, it seemed to me that the network only worked when I was using the TV equipment or Smartphone, when I stopped using it the net just goes down. I managed to solve this problem by disabling the 5Ghz network, after which my Wi-Fi connection was stable.

I would like some help to keep both..

II. The most serious problem I have is with my Playstation5, when I turn it on the Playstation just doesn't connect to the wired network. I have to disconnect from the router, connect to another port and even then it doesn't always work, the led on the router's port doesn't light up. I usually have to restart the router, and plug the Playstation into another port for it to be recognized. This is a problem that is really pissing me off. I've already changed the network cable several times so I rule out that it's a problem with the cabling. NOTE: this type of problem only occurs with Playstation5, my PC is recognized on the router's network as soon as I turn it on and without any problem;

III. The last problem is related to Paty from Playtation, when I enter a Paty my friends are silent, I can't talk to them, I have to keep going in and out of the paty so that maybe it works or enter the paty and wait about 30min for it to work. 3

I hope I managed to explain in detail, I'm sorry, my English is not good. Hahahahaha.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

ROUTER01.jpg

ROUTER02.jpg

ROUTER03.jpg

ROUTER04.jpg

ROUTER05.jpg

ROUTER06.jpg

ROUTER07.jpg

ROUTER08.jpg

ROUTER09.jpg

ROUTER10.jpg

For your first problem, did you have SmartConnect disabled prior to disabling the 5GHz network? Or did you only disable it so you could disable the 5GHz? I'd suggest experimenting with SmartConnect disabled so you've got two separate network for 2.4 and 5 and see if that's more stable.

For the second problem, could you perhaps try reserving a static IP for the PS5 from Settings -> Setup -> LAN Setup and see if it's able to stay connected then?

For the third, if you disable filtering mode on Geo-filter do you still have the same problem? If not, re-enable Geo-filter and watch the Geo-filter map for a 'Blocked' icon when you join the party. Click this icon and manually allow it from the panel that appears beneath the map. That should then allow you to talk in party chat.

Hey Liam,

• For the first problem of Wi-Fi networks I managed to solve it by updating the firmware to the latest version V1.0.0.64_1.0.49. After updating I can connect to both networks with stability.

• For the second problem, I already make this IP reservation for the Playstation 5, as shown in image 07. I had also read on the forum that if I set the DHCP range from 2 to 50 in Settings -> Setup -> LAN, and then provide IPs from 2 to 49 for my devices, the problem could be solved, but it still didn't. I also tried to go to Settings -> Setup -> Internet Setup and change the connection mode to On Demand, but even trying this alternative the problem persists. I still have to connect the Playstation5 cable manually to the router for the network to be identified.

• For the third problem I'm going to test this option today.

• Administrators

The DHCP range should be set to start at .100 for example and then the reserved IPs should be outside of that range such as .2 - .99 however you want to do it but the reserved IPs have to be outside the range you set to work

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The DHCP range should be set to start at .100 for example and then the reserved IPs should be outside of that range such as .2 - .99 however you want to do it but the reserved IPs have to be outside the range you set to work

Okay Fraser,

I had not thought about this possibility, I understood that the IP reserved for the equipment should be within the range 2 - 50 as defined in my router.
I'll do the tests today and give you a feedeback.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:01 AM, Netduma Liam said:

For your first problem, did you have SmartConnect disabled prior to disabling the 5GHz network? Or did you only disable it so you could disable the 5GHz? I'd suggest experimenting with SmartConnect disabled so you've got two separate network for 2.4 and 5 and see if that's more stable.

For the second problem, could you perhaps try reserving a static IP for the PS5 from Settings -> Setup -> LAN Setup and see if it's able to stay connected then?

For the third, if you disable filtering mode on Geo-filter do you still have the same problem? If not, re-enable Geo-filter and watch the Geo-filter map for a 'Blocked' icon when you join the party. Click this icon and manually allow it from the panel that appears beneath the map. That should then allow you to talk in party chat.

Good morning Liam, For the third problem I managed to solve it the way you suggested, I added my friends and the connection was allowed. It just took a little while to replicate the settings, but so far so good. Thank you very much.

On 3/2/2023 at 2:24 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Good morning Phrase, Boy, I did the procedures you asked me to do, but even so, I still have problems. I always have to disconnect the network cable from the router and connect it again for the Playstation5 to get the IP. Take a look at the image on the settings I made. This is currently the only problem I'm having with DumaOS, do you have any other suggestions to help me out? Thanks!

IP.jpg

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using automatic or manual network settings on the console? If automatic then you may want to try with manual if it can't determine the details correctly 

As I make the IP reservation in DHCP I leave the Playstatio with automatic IP configuration.
I will configure the IP on the Playstation manually and do the tests.

On 3/7/2023 at 12:37 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using automatic or manual network settings on the console? If automatic then you may want to try with manual if it can't determine the details correctly 

Hi Fraser, I did the test, I set the IP on the Playstation manually, it still continued with the same error, but this time the Play shows 2 messages, one of "LAN cable disconnected" and another "LAN cable connected". I have these constant messages on the screen.
But if I disconnect the cable from the router and connect it again, Play detects the network and works correctly on the internet.

Unfortunately it didn't resolve to set the IP manually, that's strange.
Do you think it might be a problem with newer firmware?
What is the most stable firmware for the XR1000?

On 3/9/2023 at 12:48 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's quite a common error with the PS but set NAT to Open in WAN Settings and see if that helps

Even with making the settings you asked, the Playstation still does not connect. I always have to unplug the cable from the router and plug it back in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/3/2023 at 17:13, ZeDoQueijo said:

Anche dopo aver effettuato le impostazioni richieste, la Playstation continua a non connettersi. Devo sempre staccare il cavo dal router e ricollegarlo.

I say something trivial: have you tried another network cable?

• Administrators
16 hours ago, ZeDoQueijo said:

Strange, I don't have that option.

It's the top option but you've disabled that already, are you using Armor by any chance? If so disable that and see if it works please.

On 3/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's the top option but you've disabled that already, are you using Armor by any chance? If so disable that and see if it works please.

Where is this option?

• Administrators
On 4/5/2023 at 12:11 AM, ZeDoQueijo said:

Where is this option?

It's the shield icon top right of the interface, if you do have it active you'll need to disable it using the Nighthawk mobile app

On 4/7/2023 at 11:19 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Try using a different cable and also a different port on the router and see if it happens less

I'm going to do the tests today, but I've done the cable change several times and it still didn't work.

We've tried several options and no success, do you know if anyone has this same problem?

I've seen reports that the Playstation takes a while to get the IP on some routers and a message "network cable (LAN) connected" appears, but then the network is identified.

• Administrators

Do try a different port, it's possible it's become faulty. I haven't seen anyone with this issue for quite some time, I've seen that people do have the issue a lot outside of DumaOS. You could try setting the XR to AP mode briefly and seeing whether the issue still happens. That would essentially disable DumaOS entirely so if it's still an issue that at least rules out that side of things.