Optimal settings for ps5 and spectrum internet

RogueFpv80

Welcome to the forum!

Out of interest, why do you need to keep rebooting the router?

I'd suggest following the below optimal settings guides for getting setup for CoD!

https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

On 2/27/2023 at 5:39 AM, RogueFpv80 said:

Beginner with the gaming router scene, what are the best setting using xr1000 with ps5, I find myself rebooting router often, note I am using spectrum gig

First, you need to go to the geofilter section and add a device, in this case, the PS5. Then create a geofilter by drawing a square around the nearest Call of Duty server, which you can find by going to Ping heatmap, selecting Warzone 2, and finding the closest server with the lowest ping.

Once you've done this, you'll always force your connection to that server, ensuring the lowest possible latency.

Next, go to QoS and set both upload and download to 30%, with automatic activation.

Then connect all devices in your house to the Netduma.

In QoS, select the "devices" option and allocate 100% of the bandwidth to the PS5, so that when the PS5 is connected, all other devices in the house have 0% priority. Make sure that the "share excess bandwidth" option is enabled in the dropdown menu so that unused bandwidth can be used by other devices, otherwise they will remain offline.

Next, enable the ad blocker in the Netduma.

And, of course, connect the PS5 via LAN instead of Wi-Fi.

Finally, go to the Netduma's LAN settings and change the DNS to Cloudflare's

6 hours ago, JoshTheLuz said:

Then connect all devices in your house to the Netduma.

I have same setup, He's better off setting the Duma first and only having the gaming device connected to it, then the spectrum router connected to the r2, Drop the spectrum router in DMZ on the r2 turn upnp on the spectrum rotuer then connect every device to that

• 3 weeks later...

When connecting the secondary router to the XR do I run from LAN to wan or LAN to LAN 

DHCP enabled or disabled in second router

i wanna make sure I have the settings correct

thank you for all your help 

• Administrators

If your setup is modem/router > XR then it's the modem LAN to XR WAN. 

If you setup is modem/router > XR > another router then it's the modem LAN to XR WAN and XR LAN to the other router WAN.

You don't need to disable DHCP in either scenario.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2023 at 2:15 PM, TODDzillaInLA said:

I have same setup, He's better off setting the Duma first and only having the gaming device connected to it, then the spectrum router connected to the r2, Drop the spectrum router in DMZ on the r2 turn upnp on the spectrum rotuer then connect every device to that

I wanna do this as well with a secondary router for wifi. Is it better to put the secondary router in AP mode or to just have in the r2s DMZ?

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, syrupD said:

I wanna do this as well with a secondary router for wifi. Is it better to put the secondary router in AP mode or to just have in the r2s DMZ?

I would suggest putting it in AP mode so the R2 can handle everything