Never saw this before....duh

FQs19

• Netduma Staff

I've been scrolling to latest post this entire time, all because I never noticed this button

1437843578-U1511.png

such a moron.

Lol, it is really useful but annoyingly, I think that only works if you are on a different page to the post you haven't read :)

• Netduma Staff

oddly enough I click back into this post and the button wasn't there. 

I think the button only appears if there is more than one page on the thread and you are on a different page to the unread content. About that scrolling thing, could you explain a bit more what it does? Do you mean instead of just going to the last unread page it goes and scrolls down to the post. If so, I think the mobile version of the site does that and I will see if it is possible to do on the desktop version :)

Yeah, if you open a post that you previously read, the page will open at the first post on that page then scroll down to show the post you've haven't read yet. 

And it will also open to the page you last read, ie if you were reading a post on page 4 then it will open to page 4 then scroll to the post you haven't read. 

Btw Crossy once you showed me option to be notified about new post etc.

Where is that to set up a was looking for it the other day

It's under settings under notification options.

1437846384-U1511.png

• Netduma Staff

Yebs thx but thats only to the post i have reply to i think you can do it for new posts i may be wrong

I don't think it is possible to get notifications about new posts if you're not involved in them, e.g following them or you're quoted or something like that :)

• Netduma Staff

If i rember corectly you had desktop notifiaction...

ahh, yes, you're right. That was something different though, it was a small python program I wrote. I don't think it will work on Windows though. I can see if it is possible to make it work on windows if you want to use it? Maybe a chrome plugin or something would make it more universal.

Archived