xr1000 firmware

10 hours ago, rogerb45365 said:

When are we going to get a new firmware with hybrid VPN??? When is xr1000 going to be caught up with NetDuma R2? I have seen over and over soon! Why has it been in testing for at least 3 months??

Typical wait time is a year from what I've seen which is fine as long as the firmware is stable also hybrid vpn is not too good regardless. It kills your speed by half from on my end using nordvpn might be just the fact nordvpn sucks couldn't say for sure might also just be the fact it not stable currently or the hardware for the r2 can't run it stable do to limitations not the expert so don't quote me on that but the more ram the more sufficient it runs and id guess it reaching it limits when over processed by too many task.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

Typical wait time is a year from what I've seen which is fine as long as the firmware is stable also hybrid vpn is not too good regardless. It kills your speed by half from on my end using nordvpn might be just the fact nordvpn sucks couldn't say for sure might also just be the fact it not stable currently or the hardware for the r2 can't run it stable do to limitations not the expert so don't quote me on that but the more ram the more sufficient it runs and id guess it reaching it limits when over processed by too many task.

OpenVPN and hardware are limiters, with OpenVPN you can get around 10Mbps, with Wireguard however that's closer to 100Mbps. That being said, that is part of the reason we created HybridVPN so you don't have to have an entire device behind the VPN, your game can be behind it for example while the rest of the device gets full speeds.

I love Hybrid VPN on XR500.I use PIA on the router, and PIA client on workstations, so far it is very stable. 

...But today i bought XR1000 and it does not have that option....I am looking for XR1000 beta firmware to install, It will be used time to time and i do not care about speed loss as long as it is above 10mbps, and working 90% of the time. This router will be standalong. ( just few computers connected to it) 

Is there tester/beta  version available for XR1000 or should I just get XR700, and forget about XR1000?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Fathomless said:

I love Hybrid VPN on XR500.I use PIA on the router, and PIA client on workstations, so far it is very stable. 

...But today i bought XR1000 and it does not have that option....I am looking for XR1000 beta firmware to install, It will be used time to time and i do not care about speed loss as long as it is above 10mbps, and working 90% of the time. This router will be standalong. ( just few computers connected to it) 

Is there tester/beta  version available for XR1000 or should I just get XR700, and forget about XR1000?

Thank you.

I'm afraid there isn't a beta version we can provide with Hybrid VPN just yet. We are currently working on new firmware for the XR1000, so hopefully there should be something soon for you to try out!

I think I solved my problem, by swapping XR500 with XR1000, where X500 will be stand along, for the hybrid VPN, so i can wait for a year. But if you would have beta i can test it:)

XR1000:

I am surprised how well adblocker works for the whole network.

The only issue i found two CPUs would run at 35% average without load, in isolated network, the impression like something running on the background, could it be Netgear Armor?  When i enable it, cpu spikes for 30 seconds to 80% (2 out of 3 CPUs) and after it goes back to 35% when i disable it i do not see significant improvement.

How do I remove bits for the NetGear Armor, it is useless for this device, net duma team already implemented application layer features, which support logging, hybrid VPN, adblocker and packet analyzer do we really need black box called Netgear Armor?

Thank you, Fraser. Please add me to Betta versions, also would love to have adblocker on XR 500, if possible... i do not care about performance if it is beta version as long as I can generate 10mps. :)

@NewFie, two CPUs running at 35% does not impact performance, but once VPN will be delivered it will potentially. I just did quick evaluation for new device, before i placed it in service. :) and reported what I discovered, please do not consider it as a complain :) . NetDuma team fixed more complex problems in the past and this one is nothing.

I do not think I worry about it too much, it just XR500 runs at lower numbers under some load with hybrid VPN on.