Copper to fttp

l2eactionz

Just upgraded from old copper to fttp after they finally upgraded my area.

I tried alot of stuff back in the day to fix the lag compensation. But honestly getting 14ms to the ACTUAL in game servers is pretty crazy.

Will still try out qos and stuff but with everything off using fttp 300mb down 65up felt amazing tbh.

Will be interesting to see if QOS works better with a faster line vs my old copper 30mb line as back then qos turned off was always better

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 2:02 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Nice! Sounds great. Let us know how you get on with it!

Hello mate wanted to fully test qos before posting random potentially it's better potentially it's not.

I can honestly say qos on with dumaos on and games console for my ps5 on is working wonders. Using the beta potentially has fixed qos or fttp however I got both around the same time so hard to tell.

I set my speed higher to 350mb up and 70 down. That way when tested with never I will achieve my full line speed as discussed before as setting to never will still go by the line speed set.

I then adjust the sliders to 280mb down and around 40mb up.

When I do a test using the dumaos benchmark it still gives me bad readings for upload vs using dslreports

Regardless of my line speed and qos settings. benchmark always gives me a bad upload reading around 100ms

This happened on copper as well and on both beta and other firmware

But regardless of those readings I've managed to get very good hit detection and a fair gun fight feel to cod